• Can't decide

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
cruisemissile05_244x183.jpg

The Pentagon is making the initial preparations for a cruise missile attack on Syrian government forces but Obama has the final word. The UK and other nations are also preparing for war.

Should the USA strike Syria? Please vote

No - the last thing the US and UK need is more expensive wars Why start one when there is no clear good outcome ?

No - the last thing the US and UK need is more expensive wars Why start one when there is no clear good outcome ?

I agree, mate.

Syria is a total quamire, even keeping a scorecard cannot keep track of all the various factions fighting each other.
Government forces, rebs .. then rebs fighting other rebs fighting still other different rebs, Taliban influcenced rebs,
freedom loving rebs. Total mess.

Total tribal warfare, this is what it all is there. Even worse than Iraq and Afghanistan.

What a bunch of cut throats and hot tempered individuals!

EVEN if we went into that conflagration, they don't like The West and would most likely unite to then CUT our mutual
throats !

It is all so tragic but THIS is why this region of the world NEEDED STRONG TOUGH DICTATORS to keep order like
Mubarek, Sadam, Gadafi and Assad did. WITHOUT the upper IRON hand these people go WILD.

SOME countries and regions are just NOT SUITED for democracies and republics and The MidEast is exactly this kind of situation.

Consider this .. for CENTURIES strong-armed Pharohs ruled Egypt and tough emperors ruled The MidEast ! I am talking back in B.C. times, not even the A.D. era!

SOOO what makes anyone think that suddenly ALL of these centuries of a style of autocratic ruling can be suddenly replaced by "democracy" ?

Let's just FACE it. The "Arab Spring" is a total FAILURE and the only way this region of the world will be somewhat at peace again is for The West to SUPPORT remaining dictators like Assad and try to restore autocratic regional country-based governments.

Any other insights? Let's DISCUSS. :rocks3:

Iraq is also no good, 46 killed today in a wave of bomb attacks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23837715

See, proves my point !!

THE USA and our allies like the UK have spent BILLIONS in Iraq, causing serious economic depressive econonomic
downturns and lost jobs in both countries AND thousands of our soldiers killed in action in Iraq.

FOR WHAT?

NOTHING is ANY BETTER there, not at all !!

ALL that TREASURE and BLOOD for naught!!!!!
:banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

WE ALL would have been much better off had we just allowed Saddam to stay in control,
as bad as he was, Iraq was at least mostly stable AND he DID not have any WMD.

WHEN will The West EVER LEARN???

WE really MUST not get involved in Syria !!
:No way::No way::No way:

Their are no good guys in this the people who want to get rid of Assad simply will replace his secular tyranny with religious tyranny, no freedom of religion, no freedom of the press or thought, what do we as the world get out of this nothing.

See, proves my point !!

THE USA and our allies like the UK have spent BILLIONS in Iraq, causing serious economic depressive econonomic
downturns and lost jobs in both countries AND thousands of our soldiers killed in action in Iraq.

FOR WHAT?

NOTHING is ANY BETTER there, not at all !!

ALL that TREASURE and BLOOD for naught!!!!!
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

WE ALL would have been much better off had we just allowed Saddam to stay in control,
as bad as he was, Iraq was at least mostly stable AND he DID not have any WMD.

WHEN will The West EVER LEARN???

WE really MUST not get involved in Syria !!
No%20way.gif
No%20way.gif
No%20way.gif

Egypt is also completely fucked from whatever point you look at it the Arab Spring which Western politicans praised so much and secretly hoped would finally bring peace and democracy to the world has resulted in civil war, armed rebellions, military coup, genocide on horrific scale unseen since WW2 and use of chemical weapons against civilian population and many children.

The only country that has benefited from all this mayhem is Russia which is cashing in by selling tons of all kind of weapons to Bashar. There is a serious risk of the whole region going up in flames and as more and more countries get involved this may truly be the start of WW3.

:outgunned:

Assad and Mubarak are no saints but better the devil you know than the ones you don't know.

I' m afraid you may be right!
Russia is certainly not a model of human rights and honesty....
They will do everything to get the most of the situation.... regardless of human cost...
maybe they try to get more powerful than China and "rule again"...
SO that is something really worrying!

Thanks for the link. European media say the war will start on Friday.

All I know is that no matter what, when I have the money I'm getting out of this shell of a country she once was (USA) and moving to New Zealand. A buddy and I have been planning this for years and it will happen! Who's with?

But, on a serious note: Our governments (especially the US government) don't care about our citizens' well beings. If they did, we wouldn't be spending so much money on wars and random interventions. Our foreign policy is utter shite and we have a puppet for a president. I'm completely disgusted by whats going on. Rob Lind of Blood For Blood said it best on their "Livin' in Exile" album, "The world we're livin' in is going straight to hell. And the fellas I know, there's no where to turn. We're all livin' in exile."
Just about sums it up for me...

"No boots on the ground"

row-of-army-combat-boots.jpg

Obama has promised no "smelly soldier boots on the ground" in Syria but I think he has underestimated the fact that Russia is still supplying Syria with powerful weapons and the evil Arabs will keep fighting till the bitter end.

140613obama.jpg

Do you think Obama can stop the carnage in Syria just with missle strikes and zero US casulties?

Nothing matters anymore. Money is the root of all evil. The greedy oil people have now ensured the destruction of your entire planet in every
category it touches. So just sit back, enjoy the show, and then kiss your ass good bye!

A limited missile strike will do nothing The Arabs have offered to PAY the US and allies costs to invade Syria You are right Assad has loads of Russian weapons but how effective they are depends in the men using them Iraqis were crap fighters Afghans much better and more deadly with the same weapons I say stay out - let them kill each other and if the Arabs want to invade do it yourselves

Back