PDA

View Full Version : Changes for Cute Dead Guys

Meatpie
22-07-09, 01:49 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to inform you about some changes we are making here and the reasoning behind them.

It costs quite a lot of money to keep us online, perhaps a lot more than some of you might think.

The website is entirely supported by its members - through donations which unfortunately are no longer enough to cover our increasing expenses.

We launched another donation campaign which was planned to be finished by mid-August but later we realized we would lose a lot of members if we stay closed for that long so we are open again for all members and guests.

In just a few days our inbox was flooded with hatemail.

Happens everytime when we block accounts.

But we also got good advice from owners of other websites and decided that we will no longer raise money by blocking user accounts.

From now on, access to the board is free but those who want to belong to the Forum Elite usergroup will have to donate a small amount every month so that we can keep the site running.

When CDG was first started, we aimed to remain free for all.

But as more and more people joined it, we ran out of bandwith and disk space until the server crashed.

We upgraded to a faster but more expensive server.

Our biggest problem is lurkers - they eat up bandwith without contributing anything to the community.

Opinions and suggestions are welcome. You can reply here or PM me. I will reply to as many as I can.

cheers

deaddirty
23-07-09, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a good solution to me. we need to stay reliable and online to keep members, and that keeps us open to new guys while raising enough to keep the site going.

roadkill
23-07-09, 10:14 PM
Does this change access to the secret room?

Meatpie
23-07-09, 10:18 PM
no.

dogfood
24-07-09, 01:27 AM
:)

Little.Boy.Rot
24-07-09, 06:40 PM
I have a suggestion
----------------------------------------------

To find lurkers, seek out those who lurk by looking at the member list and see how many post users have. If they contribute with money/books/pics.
If they don't ban them...or send them a message saying a donation of some sort is needed for them to come back.
I am working on things to contribute more {Donation/Books/Pics etc}
I also suggest um, appointing someone to take care of that kind of stuff
-wink wink- =D

Meatpie
24-07-09, 06:42 PM
um?

Thanks for your help Rottie, you rawk and have great potential.

josh13151
03-09-09, 05:46 AM
how do i donate?

verlup1
03-09-09, 06:10 AM
Check this thread, it's explained there.
http://cutedeadguys.net/showthread.php?t=2652

ooreiley
03-09-09, 09:19 AM
sounds good to me. how much were you thinking of asking?

Meatpie
03-09-09, 09:34 AM
At least 20 euros to join. Most users who join the Secret Room become addicted lol

turbo
01-07-11, 06:41 AM
good idea Meatpie

koop
01-07-11, 10:07 PM
How to contribute?

koop
01-07-11, 10:09 PM
Scratch the question, pls..

koop
01-07-11, 10:14 PM
What does this mean from PayPal? "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

Meatpie
02-07-11, 10:54 AM
It means you are bumping all threads that are not relevant anymore.

pstrdy97391
29-04-12, 06:47 AM
I am new here and yes I guess I am a lurker and probably always will be. If you want to ban me from your site then I guess I dont really blame you how ever some (such as myself) do not have much of a choice but to belurkers as there is neither enough time in a day between work and personal appts etc. as well as finances to be able to contribute much.I work all day have ADHD depression anxiety and ocd however I find it extremely diffacult to even post and or reply comments when after an extremely long day the only thing I want to do is to sit down and surf/read/watch but when 1 ha to worry about having to write or pay or spend what little extra time on other sites rather than being able to visit favorites such as CDG makes a boring and even more depressing end of day.

lincoln
29-04-12, 07:42 AM
Dear Meatpie, I will be happy to contribute a monthly amount, just let me know how much and how to get the funds to you. This forum deserves the support of every member. Lincoln

defibkids
29-04-12, 02:30 PM
Hi Meatpie, thank you for letting me know about the changes. I'm sorry I can't be more of a contributor but I've enjoyed being a member for the short time I've been here and grateful for the new friends I've made thanks to your site. For a long time I thought I was the only one like me and now I know I'm not alone. Thank you.

ivanhowe
05-05-12, 11:00 PM
I have contributed to this site and have received the password to the secret room. Where do I put the password? I signed in with the new password, it didn't work, so I had to use my old password.

Meatpie
06-05-12, 08:23 AM
Click on "The Secret Room" Forum and enter your pass.

Adidasrob79
13-05-12, 08:28 AM
I don't mind financially supporting sites. I've joined Bootlust, Boyspycam and many others. I can afford it. I have dozens and dozens of clips from Deadguys Cinema and Serial Killers Underground and Best Deaths. The reason I don't share them? Because of this so called Meatpie person. He is a sociopath, a petty tyrant and an unapologetic racist.

Please tell me why I --or anyone for that matter-- would want to financially support this site when the owner constantly insults his members? Anyone who disagrees with him? Banned! Anyone who stands up to him? Banned!

I've listened in silence while Meatpie has hurled racist epithets against blacks and asians. "Niggers make me puke" he has said that on more than one occasion. This is a site for necrophiliacs for Christ's sake. We should have to endure racism here? Are you kidding me?

I like the content here and I would be more than happy to support it with a membership but I am black. I am one of the "niggers" that you disparage and there is no FUCKING WAY IN HELL THAT I AM GOING TO LINE YOUR POCKETS. If anything I would like to work to make sure that you don't have any site at all. You're a fucking asshole, Meatpie and it is my fondest wish that someone someday will put a bullet through your head and leave you to die in the streets with your face so badly mutilated that you can't be identified by your loved ones--if in fact you have any.

Have nice day.

bindiboi
13-05-12, 09:00 AM
"I've listened in silence while Meatpie has hurled racist epithets against blacks and asians"
Well, if you are black and have issues with how Meatpie has been and felt insulted by this then why did you stick around? Who's the sociopath?
I have been a member here for a long time, I have never been treated poorly and I have never seen him lash out at anyone who didn't deserve it. If it weren't for him I wouldn't have a second home and an extended family. If you don't like the way things are run then simply leave. No one is forcing you to be here. Some of us chose to financially support this site because we love it here and want it to grow and prosper.
Again, don't like it here then don't come here. Go bitch somewhere else where someone else prolly won't give a flying fuck what you think.
Plus, you might want to post shit like this in the Flame and hate category. Or better yet, just don't post at all!

Meatpie
13-05-12, 09:43 AM
Because of this so called Meatpie person. Anyone who disagrees with him? Banned! Anyone who stands up to him? Banned!

:hard lol:

That's absolutely not true, we rarely ban users. In fact it's criticism and feedback from members that helps us make the site better and grow stronger.

robtheheartboy
21-05-12, 02:17 AM
Hello. I have been a long time user. I would love to donate to the site, but there is no way for me to do that without losing my privacy. I will instead try and find pics to post. It is rather unfortunate that in North America it is rather hard to find uncovered accident scenes. The censoship in America is brutal. Any form of gore or voilently killed people are instantly hidden from public view. We can't snap photos and take videos with our cellphones unfortunately. Don't I wish I lives in south america ^_^.

I want to thank meatpie for keeping the site open and free to guests and regular members.

CDG 4 life!

Martincuff
21-05-12, 05:17 PM
I agree 100%. It's hard to get pics in US I keep my camera with me just in case. When I was 15 I saw a train that had just hit a car loaded with young teens coming back from football practice. The car had stalled in the tracks I guess. Seven maimed, bodies everywhere, what a sight, my god, it was something.

Anomalocaris
21-05-12, 05:26 PM
Hi

I get this

Sorry, you need to upgrade to premium membership if you want to continue using this site.

I have no way of paying for any website, as I spent only about 4 h a week on the net. and live of welfare, it would be bad losing this site, its teh only male site I know to have darker stuff...

Adamle14
15-03-18, 09:43 AM
👍
Does this change access to the secret room?