badjohnny25

Forum Elite
Established Member
It seems the last week or so there has not been much traffic coming through the board...where is everyone?

Because a lot of us got notices that our account was locked and the only way back in was to pay for Elite membership. I paid this one month, but an considering dropping CDG. I thought the sudden locking of my account with no notice, and demanding payment to even browse the site was underhanded.
That's where everyone is.

I was puzzled at the lack of new posts! As Meatpie knows, I had a major glitch on my account - elite membershp ran out, so my inbox shrank and was full, so I couldn't get in at all, to clear the inbox, renew my membership, or anything (te renewal page was visible, but the buttons didn't work). Meatpie sorted it out (thanks Pieman!), but I'm wonderng if other regulars have had the same problem and think they've been deliberately excluded, or just not found a way of telling MP what's going on?
Practical suggestion - I don't think there's any off-site contact address visible if the whole site is frozen for someone, how about putting one somewhere where it's visible even it doesn't work to click on?
I haven't got much time to search for ew stuff at the moment, but I'll do what I can to fll the gap - at least with so few new posts I'm not spending my available time just keeping up!
Hugs to all!
DD

I wonder how many other members have been affected by this similar glitch that locked my account. The only way I could unlock it was to buy more Elite.

I know it has happened in the past with me before I became an elite member...I stayed off the site for awhile and just tried logging in one day and I was able to log back in...I don't remember how long I was away though...maybe a month or so...

Lurkers are definately getting locked out, we send automatic warnings but most people just ignore them and when they do get suspended they are all so surprised.

So, am I a lurker? I try to contribute as much as I can. My complaint was that I was booted out without any warning.

I apologize, there is nothing personal in this.

I know you are a posting member however you reputation level is still relatively low and our system is not that refined yet.

You registered in 2008 and have just 108 posts as of Feb 21, 2013.

Our system takes all this into account.

Rep level + date you joined, it even calculates how many people you have invited, referrals, rep points, pics in albums, etc

I seem to get locked out for a couple days every month with the elite pay thing, which I think is unfair... If it's a free board, it should be open to everyone all the time, and if it's not it shouldn't be accesable unless you pay. Personally I would support this board, but I'm a broke college student, so unfortunatly I can't, I hope others who can, do!

Back