jon_b

Forum Elite
He was trying to cross a road when he was hit by a Renault Car, and killed - You can see the force of the impact by looking at the damage done to the front of the Renault. :shock:

I realize it's never going to happen, because it would just be too much extra effort, but I wish the emergency teams at these accident sites would set up a temporary screen around the poor victims, to prevent all the gawkers who show up (one with toddler in tow!) from staring at the unfortunate dead. We'd still get OUR images, since I'm guessing most of the online photos are taken by the first responders, not by the audience.

.... to prevent all the gawkers who show up (one with toddler in tow!) from staring at the unfortunate dead. .....

Interesting comment alexonedeath ...and just look at some of the pics posted here of the public hangings in Iran.... children are often in the front row..and not just to see the dead guy...but to watch him as he dies..:shock:

very unfortunate for the victim and the car but I guess the car will be repaired but not the man . Shame
Some interesting comments also from other repliers. Thanks

...and just look at some of the pics posted here of the public hangings in Iran.... children are often in the front row..and not just to see the dead guy...but to watch him as he dies..:shock:

Interesting point.
I remember my mother trying to 'shield' me from such views when I was young, and I really hated that!
I wanted to see it! Not because it was forbidden or too horrible or nauseating or so, but simply because it was real and fired my curiosity.
RTA victims are a part of our everyday reality, and it is hypocritical to prevent children from seeing them.
Death is a part of life, children are naturally inquisitive and should not be misled or overprotected.

victims are a part of our everyday reality, and it is hypocritical to prevent children from seeing them. Death is a part of life

Hi, Kees! It's not so much that children shouldn't be allowed to see violence. I agree that death is a part of life. It's more the need to teach them that it can be rude and disrespectful to stare at people who are at a disadvantage, even if they are dead. If they want to gawk, they need to join CDG! :D

It's not so much that children shouldn't be allowed to see violence. I agree that death is a part of life. It's more the need to teach them that it can be rude and disrespectful to stare at people who are at a disadvantage
Ah yes, I agree with you there.

even if they are dead. If they want to gawk, they need to join CDG! :D
I do have a very small (but still) bad conscience feeling about the images and vids posted here sometimes because of this point: it is only because others do gawk and use cameras at the actual death scenes that we are able to see them here. See my post "Sponsored by Nokia" in the Secret Room for an absurd picture that highlights this. But it doesn't stop me from visiting CDG!

it is only because others do gawk and use cameras at the actual death scenes that we are able to see them here.

Truer words were never said, Kees. Gawking is a nasty job, and I am thankful there are people who do it for me.

Back