jon_b

Forum Elite
Cute 26 yr old Jhosef Cesar Ferraz Stumpher died when he went for a swim with some friends. He ignored warning signs and swam across - he sank on the way back. His body was found in 3 feet of water - standing depth. He was a good looking fit guy :yes:

yes he was a good looking fit chap . shame but thats how it goes sometimes , possibly thought he was a better swimmer than he really was . Thanks

Beautiful guy. Love it when they manhandle a dead body.

WTF! 3 feet of water? Couldn't he just stand up and walk to shore? He looked like he was at least 5'8" so his head would have been at least 2 feet above water?

WTF! 3 feet of water? Couldn't he just stand up and walk to shore? He looked like he was at least 5'8" so his head would have been at least 2 feet above water?

:yes: yes...but how often have we posted drowned guys here where the water was only a few feet deep. It would appear that these guys get into trouble, and think the water is deeper than it is and don't realise they can simply stand up!!
I can recall when I was swimming a river which was cold and deep - and decided I needed a rest - I intended to simply tread water for a bit, and got a shock when my feet touched ground!!! .. It really is difficult to know how deep the water actually is :dunno: Another factor can be involved - if you accidentally inhale water into your lungs while swimming - this can very quickly get you into difficulties too.

Back