REQUESTED REPOST: Silent Witness

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
verlup requested a repost of the Silent Witness series.

I've watched it twice - once as they aired the episodes on TV and then downloaded from the net.

Here is info, screenshots I made and a download locatin.

Silent_Witness_title_card.jpg

Silent Witness is a long-running British television thriller series made by the BBC's in-house Drama Serials production department, and screened on the BBC One channel. First broadcast in 1996, it is still running; the twelfth series began broadcasting on 1 October 2008. The series was created by Nigel McCrery, a former murder squad detective in Nottingham.

He later went on to create the hit series 'New Tricks' with Roy Mitchell. The series was based on Prof. Helen Witwell, a forensic pathologist based in Sheffield. McCrery had known Helen while serving as a police officer. The drama itself gets very good viewing figures, as on the tenth series (2006), it normally attracted around six million viewers in the UK (from MediaGuardian.co.uk's overnight report).

BARB later revealed the final figures, proving the drama's higher successes as they received around seven million viewers each episode. In the United States, the show airs during "Mystery Monday" on BBC America.

The programme originally followed the activities of a female pathologist, Dr Sam Ryan (who was promoted to professor part way through the series), played by Amanda Burton. However, Ryan's character departed early in the eighth series in 2004. There had been a succession of regular supporting characters, changing almost every series, but Dr Leo Dalton (William Gaminara) and Dr Harry Cunningham (Tom Ward), who were introduced in the sixth series in 2002, remained in the series and continued as lead characters following Ryan's departure, with Dalton replacing her as professor. A new character, Dr Nikki Alexander (Emilia Fox), was introduced to the team in the eighth series in 2004. She began as a palaeontologist, not a pathologist, and was originally enlisted by the team to help analyse bones. Alexander was later represented as having the necessary qualifications to fill the vacancy for a pathologist left by Professor Ryan, although she was initially stated to have a PhD in anthropology and not a medical qualification. She has, however, since been represented as medically-qualified.

Some early series were set in Cambridge, but it relocated to London after Dr Ryan had a serious brush with the authorities.

The programme is typically made up of a series of two-part stories, usually with six to eight episodes per series. 2006 saw five two-part stories, making ten episodes in total.

The series is often criticised for apparently showing the pathologist actively investigating the crime. This characteristic of pathologist as urban hero follows on earlier similar series such as Quincy, M.E. on US TV (itself based on an earlier Canadian TV series Wojeck) and is also shared by the continuing CBS series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

The theme music for Silent Witness is a song called "Silencium" by John Harle. In 1998, writer John Milne received an Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America for the Series 2 episode "Blood, Sweat, and Tears". The music for Silent Witness (Series 9 - present) is written by BAFTA nominated TV & film music composer Sheridan Tongue.

DOWNLOAD

Depends on your favourite torrent site.
Personally I like mininova and download a lot of shit from there.
The first season was the best, where they show a lot of the actors on tables getting examined and turned and propped up.
I downloaded it but I don't believe the torrent is active any longer.
torrentportal is also very good but haven't searched there.

*unfortunately imagebam is fucked again and the pics won't show :(

I'll have to check out. Maybe it's on tonight. I stopped watching BBC but will take another look.

damn, pics still don't show up...

I hate imgebam sometimes.

I'm in love with the guy with the wrapped up head. He's so beautiful! I never saw these images. Must've missed them somehow.
Thanks Meatpie:sm (39):

Attachments

• 11022014black73.jpg
    11022014black73.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 976
  • 11022014black779.jpg
    11022014black779.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,285
  • 11022014blue12a.jpg
    11022014blue12a.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,243
  • 11022014green5.jpg
    11022014green5.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,536
WOW.. HOT!!

Attachments

• dead 20 resized.jpg
    dead 20 resized.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 172
  • dead 21 resized.jpg
    dead 21 resized.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 215
  • dead 22 resized.jpg
    dead 22 resized.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 194
  • dead 24 resized.jpg
    dead 24 resized.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 131
  • dead 25 resized.jpg
    dead 25 resized.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 92
  • dead 26 resized.jpg
    dead 26 resized.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 86
  • dead 27 resized.jpg
    dead 27 resized.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 70
  • dead 28 resized.jpg
    dead 28 resized.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 104
  • dead 33 resized.jpg
    dead 33 resized.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 52
  • dead 34 resized.jpg
    dead 34 resized.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 55
  • dead 35 resized.jpg
    dead 35 resized.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 76
  • dead 36 resized.jpg
    dead 36 resized.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 135
  • dead (1).jpg
    dead (1).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 75
  • dead (2).jpg
    dead (2).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 76
  • dead (3).jpg
    dead (3).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 90
  • dead (4).jpg
    dead (4).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 69
I'm in love with the guy with the wrapped up head. He's so beautiful! I never saw these images. Must've missed them somehow.

You should watch it verlup, I know you would love it. He was one of the first dudes to die in the series.

He was a boxer and his opponent beat him on the head and he croaked on the ring, thats why his head is wrapped.

Autopsy scene is very good, prolonged and they turn him several times, lift his head.

You should download it man, search on torrent sites.

I agree. very nice. I like the garrotted dude too. Looks very realistic.

Back