Another Shooting at a Campus in the US

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
2 dead in Arkansas campus shooting - from CNN.com

CNN -- Two students were killed and another person was wounded in a shooting at the University of Central Arkansas on Sunday evening, according to a hospital spokesman

The shooting, which happened outside a dorm, prompted a campus lockdown and the cancellation of Monday classes.

One person was detained for questioning but has not been arrested, according to Lt. Rhonda Swindle, a spokesman for the campus police.
"At this time we do have some pretty good leads," Swindle said.
One student died on the scene, and a second died at Conway Regional Medical Center, a hospital spokesman said.

art.ar.shooting.hthv.jpg

The hospital spokesman said the person who died there was an 18-year-old male, but he did not have any additional information.
A third person, a 19-year-old male, was released from the hospital after being treated for a gunshot wound to his leg, a hospital spokesman said.
The shots were fired near Arkansas Hall and the Snow Fine Arts Center at 9:22 p.m. (10:22 p.m. ET), Swindle said.

Freshman Sam Hausen was about 50 feet away from the shooters when the gunfire began.

"I heard about five or 10 shots and, at first, I thought it was just firecrackers, because everybody always clowns around out there, but I just realized that it wasn't firecrackers," Hausen said.
As he began running away, he saw one of the wounded students hit the ground and another stumbled into the dorm, he said.

"I saw a couple cars speed off," Hausen said. "I don't know if they were the shooters or not."

Student Lauren Knight was walking to the library when it happened. She said chaos erupted, with students scurrying for safety.

When the campus lockdown was ordered, Knight was stuck with other students for several hours inside the library.
Classes were canceled for Monday at the university which serves about 12,500 full-time students in Conway, Arkansas.

Faculty and students were called and e-mailed through an automated system after 9:30 p.m. Sunday about the shooting. The messages urged them to stay inside and lock doors, according to The Associate Press. It was first time the system had been used since the university purchased it after the Virginia Tech massacre last year.

----

I have no idea why this occurs so often in the US :(

Because of the second amendment...

"The people's right to bear arms"

And so guys can get weapons easily, due to the lack of good gun control in some states...

Because of the second amendment...

"The people's right to bear arms"

And so guys can get weapons easily, due to the lack of good gun control in some states...

The one right people here in the US remember is their right to bear arms. We do not live in 1787 when they wrote the Constitution and they needed an armed militia to go against invaders - the British, etc. You can walk in to any gun shop around, especially in Virginia and more than likely walk out with a gun of some sort or kind. People say that nowadays they are for protection. That is a bunch of BS. They shoot first and ask questions later. Now there is a surge in gun sales because it is believed that if Obama wins the election, he is going to place more regulations on gun sales and all of the crackpots and psychos that are buying them now will have a harder time when he is in office. Maybe then we won't have another Virginia Tech were a mentally ill individual took it upon himself to right the wrongs against him. We live in a very disturbed world, which at least provides a great deal of material for this forum.
:sm (47): :sm (5):

At least it is better understood then the right to arm bears ;)

Back