stiffy666

Please be aware there is a new and very dangerous virus around.
PQ VIRUS
while browsing the computer switches to a screen which says you have been detected by the police and demands £100 to allow you to regain access to your Pc.
Its really very clever as it disables "SAFE MODE" so its almost impossible to get to the Reg to remove it.
If it happens to you ...dont worry its not the police its a scam contact www.yoocare.com who sucessfully removed it from my PC.....
Be aware I picked this up at ordish .com
Satan will have his revenge!!:red with anger:

My brother had it in his pc. I could not format, I coud not start in safe mode... I was three days to remove it with the Task manager, my pc and a pendrive.

I had it recently as well. The only way I was able to get rid of it was to burn a rescue disk (Kapersky) and then boot from that and do the virus detection. These are referred to as the "ransom" viruses. :red with anger:

I had a version of that. It was a FBI one that demanded $200 to unlock the PC. I used my restore CDs and got the computer back up and running.

I had a version of that. It was a FBI one that demanded $200 to unlock the PC. I used my restore CDs and got the computer back up and running.

YES! I had this FBI one about a month ago (it was so crudely done that it isn't going to fool people into forking over cash -- hell, it had a Walgreens ad within the FBI threat...haha). I don't even know how I finally got past it. I probably ended up using system restore, but it was a bitch for awhile. I have a virus detection program running all the time, but this one got past.

I got it too, I think from a google link, and got rid of it by using system restore as well.

But the version I had was really slick and professional-looking. It even accessed the web cam to show me my own picture and claim the FBI was recording. It had a list of stores, with logos, where I could go to buy a cash card to pay the "fine" with. I heard later this kind of thing is called "ransomeware."

It really was too over-the-top to fool most anybody, but enough people must fall for it to make it worthwhile for somebody to do it.

It had a list of stores, with logos, where I could go to buy a cash card to pay the "fine" with.

Ah, so that's what the Walgreens ad was that I saw. I was too upset to focus on what was being offered.

we have it here too....got me....its gettting a lot of people...just restore and move on :)
unplug the pc from the web and you can then restore

Is easy for remove the virus, u must restart the computer out of internet conection and push F8 for start he to test mode, when u do it u can use recovery and put a day before u get a virus police when u do it can restart the computer and voila no more virus, u can protect u computer make lvl up u internet protection from cookies on you web brouser!!

dead hugs to all

I had this as well but got rid of it with malwarebytes anti malware .Cops would never ask for money so you know its a fake if they ask you to pay.

I got the virus today. There are full instructions and free software to remove the virus on the Malwarebytes website at:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/your-computer-has-been-locked-virus/

I used "Method 2: Restore Windows to a previous state using System Restore" and it has worked. Fortunately I have another computer in the house and so could read the instructions on one whilst I fixed the infected computer.

If you have only one computert, I would advise looking up the site now and printing off the instructions and keeping them to hand in case you get infected.

The intrsuction and the download were quite simple and I was up and running in about half-an-hour. I'm not good with compueters and so any normal person should be able to do it in about 20 minutes. GOOD LUCK

Received one of those tonight, I was starting to panic big time and I was getting ready to call a lawyer and ended up accepting that I may go to court. ...then to my relieve I found out it was a virus.

5 star rating for the head job it gave me.
Co now I am very happy to have gotten the virus as I see the virus as a test regarding a few of my convictions and resolves and I passed the test.

Last edited:
I got this some time ago now. I class myself as illiterate when it comes to computers & couldn't work out how to get rid of it. So am afraid I used an old fashioned but practical method. A Hammer then went out & got another 2nd hand laptop

Back