My Dad had to put Grandpa in his Coffin

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
My dad was very ill last two days, he started pissing blood. That is why I was away for a while.

We took him to hospital yesterday evening, he has an enlarged prostate and its giving him hell.

We got home a 2 am in the morning...I went to tell him good night I was really sleepy and tired....and thats when we had a sick conversation.

He started it.

"Can you lift me?," he asked. I had no idea what he was getting at.

"If I have to I will, why?"

"Have you been to a morgue?" He asked"

I didn't say anything.

He then told me that when grandpa croaked in 2004, he went to the morgue and saw him naked on a table.

He asked for a permission for burial and morgue personnel said, "Here is your man, take it"

Grandpa was not fat but really tall and strong, dad alone couldn't do it so he asked his best friend for help.

They went to the morgue with a casket and took grandpa by the feet and arms and laid him. They forgot to close his mouth though, I later saw him and we wrapped a towel round his head.

I don't think it is normal to make the relatives of the deceased to put them in their caskets, but it seems in Bulgaria morgues don't operate like in the rest of the civilized world, we are still in the Dark Ages.

I told my dad maybe if he had given them money they would have done it.

When I went to the morgue they too told us that we should ask the relatives of the decased for money to dress them although this was against the law.

I maybe necro but I think it would be brutal if I have to put dad in casket with my best friend.

The world is sick, you are lucky to live in civilized nations.

that is brutal meatpie, although with death in THIS country being swept under the carpet, i would have found it an honour to put my relative in his coffin. did your dad have to dress your grandad?

i really hope your dad gets better, i hope so because illness is horrible and loosing a loved one is devastating.

No, a fat woman at the morgue dressed grandpa in his best suit.

My dad will probably croak soon.

I said a "fat woman" because morgue personnel have to be strong and obese in order to lift the bodies.

This is also one of the reasons why I decided no to start work at the morgue.

I am 80 kg, I don't think I could lift an obese corpse 150 kg or more.

OMG, that is really sad to hear.

I feel really bad and sorry for you, I hope and pray everything will be allright and if your dad passes away, that he will have no pain.

I am right there for you, if you need me.

Thank you.

I hope he recovers because I still need my dad.

I feel empty inside, like a corpse after autopsy.

Empty feeling.

My mom cried at the hospital and home yesterday, and I can't even a shed a tear.

I know we will all get destroyed sooner or later, but preferably later.

im so sorry meatpie...

i know im not that close to you (or close at all) but il be there if you need me too....

just have to ask.... =P

i hope your dad gets better!

my dad is ill tooo *sigh

hello my little necro princess,

can I ask whats wrong with your dad?

I know Meatpie how you feel.

I really do.

be strong mate!

I wish I could say something that will help you take away the pain, But you and I know there is no such thing. Most of us will unfortunately suffer living through the death of our parents. Just be strong for your mother.

i am so sorry to hear that. meatpie.
meatpie, don't worry. your dad is not dying. i think it's just a prostate infection or a stone in the urethra, which doesn't kill people. My grandpa had the same symptom peeing blood several years ago and he was all right after a small operation. i think your dad is having the same thing.
Be an optimist meatpie, and believe things will turn around after all these hardship you have been through. i will burn incense for you in front of Bodhisattva (A Chinese goddess who solves problems for the ordinary people) and she will take away the pain you are suffering from as soon as possible.

He is recovering and the bleeding has stopped. He may need surgery but at least he is out of bed.

Most of us will unfortunately suffer living through the death of our parents.

Watching them suffer will be the worst part for me, once a person is dead you will at least they are in peace but suffering and pain is hell.

i am so sorry to hear that. meatpie.
meatpie, don't worry. your dad is not dying. i think it's just a prostate infection or a stone in the urethra, which doesn't kill people. My grandpa had the same symptom peeing blood several years ago and he was all right after a small operation. i think your dad is having the same thing.

They said he has an enlarged prostate, no stones.

I am sad to hear all of this, Pie. There is much that can be medically done to minimize/repair an enlarged prostrate. Google the topic and learn as much as you can about it..so you and your dad can make wise choices what to do to engender healing !

Life has its highs and its lows. It is life.....not for the "faint-hearted." It takes strength to live...and we are surrounded by heroes every day and don't realize it....persons who despite ALL ODDS, continue to CARRY ON and SURVIVE.

Whats the point of surviving arrow when life is a constant struggle?

Everyone wants more and more money, bigger car, bigger apartment, everyone wants to move to LA, whats the purpose of this struggle when we all eventually die as equals?

I fucking hate this rat race.

The point of surviving Meatpie is that all of us get a shot at changing the world. Either for better or worse.

That is we influence the outcome of the next generation by the actions we take today. That's why we struggle.

How do we change the world dude?

By posting on internet boards?

That is one way. You influence people everyday. In these boards, when u talk to your neighbors or friends. All of us have influence. And that influence can have a ripple effect.

That is a great way of thinking, that you can change the world. I admire you.

I am not like that, in my opinion ordinary people just eat, shit and die.

In my opinion all life on earth, including humans, exists because there is a so much energy available.

We move around, we do work on the universe and our bodies release heat and in that way we contribute to the entropy of the universe.

That's it. There is no other reasonable explanation for human life.

I guess when you are looking at it that way, as to how we fit in the universe, one can get lost, everything else we do seems trivial.

But you know what grounds me? Next time you walk down the streets of Sofia, look at kids you come across. That to me is what I'm here for. Somehow to make life somewhat better for them.

kids?

Kids are sweet but as the world runs out of energy they will find it increasingly hard to survive and probably fight and kill for resources.

The world is doomed, don't you understand that? Can't you see it?

Everything is OK for now though as there is still a lot of energy on earth but in the long run the universe and hunams are doomed to die.

Back