feetboy

Forum Resident
I'm seriously considering plastination for me and my other half when we die, and using an insurance policy to pay for it. Has anyone else thought about this? Think it possible to keep the body and be buried together at the same time in the same casket?

It better be a pretty decent insurance policy because plastination is expensive. The thing you may have a big problem with is your local health codes and regulations. Many governments won't allow the possession of a cadaver, no matter how it is preserved, other then at approved facilities. There are still a lot of laws in the world that do nothing but enforce someone else's definition of morality. A dead human body isn't any different than any other dead animal when it comes to sanitation. So why is it you can put a dead cat or pig or cow in your deep freeze for an indefinite period of time, but not your friend?

Logistically, if you are mired in morality inspired laws where you live, your best bet might be to arrange for your plastinated body to interred into a crypt where it would keep until your mate expired. They could then be interred in the same crypt or you could be exhumed for burial with your partner in the same casket.

I agree, very costly and you may get a rejection from your local council.

Yes, i know. However, there was the case of Robert Lenkiewicz, who kept the dead body of a tramp for 18 years. He'd had him embalmed. The courts have ruled that the body is indeed now property of the Lenkiewicz estate, in the UK, thereby setting a precedent keeping a deceased person as long as conditions are sanitary.

Back