bindiboi

Thread Killer
Anyone out there ever suffer through loneliness and/or depression? If so, how do you deal with it. Just curious what others takes on it are.

I think most of us must feel lonely or depressed sometimes - as an occasional thing it'sa part of being human.
And many ways of dealin with it, from snapping out of it right up to counselling and therapy. For myself, I'll either immerse myself in something interesting (probably not death-related in that particular mood), get some sunshine (not a lot of that in UK at the moment) , get out and be around people, or phone a friend (possibly to talk about being down, more often just a nice cheerful conversation that lifts me out of it - depends why I' low, and which friend).

Five attempts to commit suicide because of it.)))
Unfortunately, I didn't succeed.

We can all feel lonely sometimes, it's a hard complicated feeling to deal with.

You can have 1,000 friends on facebook and still feel lonely.

Sometimes I feel best when I am on my own, getting a good rest or going to the lake in the mountains with my dog and sunbathing, I love to hear the wind and nothing else.

A dog can really be your best friend!

I recommend getting a dog if you feel that lonely bindi and take him for long walks.

Staying too much in your house can incrase your feelings of loneliness/anxiety.

masturbation and wasting time on the internet, but on a serious note i also do volunteer work and reach out to others, it always helps me put things in perspective and people's gratitude inspires me to stop focusing on self so much. we are all a work in progress.

The really pathetic thing is before my health issues forced me to stop I used to work in the psychology field. I know all the psychological tricks of the trade, and due to that many do not really work for me. It truly sucks. Everything does.

The really pathetic thing is before my health issues forced me to stop I used to work in the psychology field. I know all the psychological tricks of the trade, and due to that many do not really work for me. It truly sucks. Everything does.

If you don't mind me asking, are the health issues that you mention physical or mental/psychological? When you say that EVERYTHING sucks it sounds like you're badly depressed. If you are, it's no wonder the tricks of the trade don't work. Couldn't you go to a doctor? Tell him your symptoms? You don't have to tell him what's causing them. Maybe he could prescribe something like prozac?

@Aereon: please, find somebody to talk to before you DO succeed. There are lots of really kind people on this forum. Not only kind but wise. Some of them should be able to help you with their advice, and even if they can't they'll be prepared to listen while you talk about why you want to die. Surely that will help. Try to find someone you can send private messages to. If you can't find anybody, then why not message me? I won't be able to give you any counselling because I'm not trained to do that and I might make matters even worse, but I'd always be prepared to listen if you need some sympathy or a bit of encouragement. Please Aereon, do something to save yourself.

(God, this is a sad thread!)

My problems are a mix of both physical and mental. Diabetes, neuropathy, RLS, and chronic depression. I also do see someone and take medication. When you are 34, still living at home because of the cost of living ans SSI isn't enough to live on, I have no choice. I have applied for public housing and am on a waiting list. Love life is impossible as people tend to not even look your way when you have all that shit not to mention I haven't had an erection in over 2 years. The only reason I haven't offed myself, and I mean the only reason is because it would kill my mom. I just hope that that mindset continues.

If there is one human trait I cannot stand, it's self pity. I must make a public apology for some of the things I have said here. I re-read what I had written and hate every word of it. I have always been the type of person that helps others. I am usually the one who has great words of compassion and empathy, not the one seeking it. Do I have my problems? Sure, everyone does. But I have my life, and considering how many times I have told death, "fuck you" I am grateful for that.

My problems are a mix of both physical and mental. Diabetes, neuropathy, RLS, and chronic depression. I also do see someone and take medication... Love life is impossible as people tend to not even look your way when you have all that shit not to mention I haven't had an erection in over 2 years. The only reason I haven't offed myself, and I mean the only reason is because it would kill my mom. I just hope that that mindset continues.
Dealing with similar things over here... Kidney transplat, life-long medications, no girlfriend, no sex, no nothing. But I think my attitude is my strong part. It is hard to do sometimes, but I believe this is my test and I am not to fail it. Hey, I think you might work on your attitude just a bit, and the Universe will do the rest for you!

Bindiboi, you don't need to apologise for telling someone what a bad time you're having when they've asked you how you are. That isn't self-pity, that's answering their question. Everybody has a right to share his feelings with other people. And sometimes self-pity is understandable when life's being cruel. For fuck's sake, you're entitled to feel sorry for yourself sometimes, because you're worth feeling sorry for. Your second post is very gallant, very brave, very fine. You're quite impressive actually. I'm sure your Mom feels that way too.

Sorry I've kept you waiting so long for a reply.

Last edited:
I Agree with craigieboy - Bindiboi, yiou've got nothing to be ashamed about! You give support to others when you can, only right and natural that you need it yourself from time to time, we all do.
You're a good brave open man, keep a hold of that knowledge when things feel tough.

Thank you. I am sitting here trying to find words, but all I can come up with is thank you. It really does mean a lot to me.

I agee with the above posts. It's absolutely normal to piss and moan about life sometimes and to me it's absolutely not a sign of weakness.

In fact I much prefer guys like you bindi who are open and willing to share their emotions, regular "tough guys" can be very boring.

whenever I am lonely, I just write poetry... It makes me glad because afterwards I make an awesome poem =P

Thanks Meat, that means a lot coming from you.
Yes, writing can be great therapy. One of my plays was written as a kind of therapy.

whenever I am lonely, I just write poetry... It makes me glad because afterwards I make an awesome poem =P

sounds interesting. how about posting one of your poems on the forum?

Back