R

ropetrick

Been away for a while.
Came back and found these two amazing vintage executions.
I've seen a lot of Filipino garrotting images but this one is new to me and amazing... the expression on his face as he begins being strangled to death... looks like he is wetting himself and maybe getting hard.
The second is a rare shot of a US death in the electric chair, notable for the young prisoner's execution clothes: near naked except what appear to be leather shorts. Both genuine images.

Amazing to see two execution images showing the prisoner at the actual moment of execution as he begins dying. In the chair image you can see his hands clenched. There is another one of the same execution, which is very blurred, presumably as the prisoner struggles as the current hits.

I won;t share the burred one as its on a commercial photo site and may be traceable back to here. Prisoner's name was 'Mad Dog Morelli'.

if i had my face to a guys crotch as he got electrocuted would he piss on my face??

great find ropetrick - thanks :yes:

Great post.

Maybe, Jeb, yeah. It's hard to find genuine garrotting pictures... but this one, and a couple of others I've seen, look like they *might* be executions rather than 'man sitting having his hair cut' style demo images, like most of the others. That or people in those days weren't that bothered about being executed :) The garrotte's fascinating, as some of the collars look as though they would just compress the windpipe rather than cut off the blood supply, as in a hanging. Later Spanish garrottes, of course, had a spike that entered the back of the neck, but a genuine Manila execution would have been amazing to watch if they just choked.

I had seen both before as I am sure you have Jeb but your comments are real interesting.

Interesting find. This looks more like a demonstration photo than an actual execution, though.
I agree…the china man’s hands are free to scratch and punch , and he is not tied down to the chair so he can wiggle and make the whole thing difficult.

Actually I hadnt seen this particular image before, but some very similar that also appeared to be mock executions. The melodramatic play with the arms, the similarity of dress, and the unused restraints are what stood out.
My guess is the men that staged this are as fascinated with it as we.

Back