Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
aapkCRBl.jpg

There is a vigorous scientific debate on whether the human brain takes advantage of quantum entanglement by using "brain entanglement" on a cellular level.

If proven this could help explain how our minds combine experiences from many different senses into one memory.

What do you compute?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18371-brain-entanglement-could-explain-memories.html

Yes, and maybe that's why we have two cerebral hemispheres and not three or one.

brain_hemispheres.jpg

I hope scientists make many more discoveries about how the brain works in the near future. Fascinating!

I doubt this synchronicity is a quantum phenomenon (the authors seem to refer to quantum entanglement as an illustration): entanglement between two particles is destroyed as soon as they interact with anything at all, and the brain is no vacuum (most at least aren't). But if it is: exciting!

Illnesses like epilepsy and migraine show large groups of neurons acting synchronously when they shouldn't, so understanding mechanisms like this better would probably help in finding cures.

I'd very much like to know what science will have achieved 200 years from now, but alas,...

This also points to something that some writers and artists have suggested for centuries: memories are created. They are not replicas of "reality" stored for retrieval, but instead are subjective reconstructions of experiences... we are fundamentally creative beings. We story-tell in even the most basic ways.

This also points to something that some writers and artists have suggested for centuries: memories are created. They are not replicas of "reality" stored for retrieval, but instead are subjective reconstructions of experiences... we are fundamentally creative beings. We story-tell in even the most basic ways.

Very true, alas! ALL "alien abduction", and far too many "child rape" so-called 'memories' are actually implanted into the brains of gullible and unsuspecting 'victims'.

Back