Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator

...is that when it finally happens you don't have time to realize it as there is no after. The brain switches off like a computer in a split second, that's why so many dead guys on our website are with their eyes open, beautiful and totally awestruck. Agree or disagree with me?

As an ex-catholic non-believer, I definitely agree that consciousness stops when brain activity stops. We arrive on this earth from oblivion, and go out the same way. :yes:

We are definately headed for oblivion but where the universe came from is a tricky question. In fact I don't believe humans will ever find the answer to that, human curiousity just goes too far. :hahahahha:

When I discussed such questions with my ex boyfriend he always said the same thing: "And so what? :hahahahha: What difference does it make to your everyday life if you know the answer."

My ex studied molecular biology. :hahahahha:

Wow your ex-BF is in an area of study that maybe you should be, Meatpie. You seem to have more curiosity about such things than him. Curiosity is what advances scientific knowledge

I should have stayed on my morgue job but was only 23 when I first started, too young and those rotters really stink like nothing else on Earth. Even when you come home from the morgue you carry the smell with you.

:banghead:

I didn't want to wear my favourite sneakers even.

Fluid leaked from decomposing bodies changes it electric charge so the smell molecules stick to it harder, you basically carry the smell in your nostrils wherever you go. :th_smiley_eh:

When I discussed such questions with my ex boyfriend he always said the same thing: "And so what? What difference does it make to your everyday life if you know the answer."

:jawdrop: Without General Relativity no GPS or TomTom, without quantum physics no transistors and computers and internet, without molecular biology no medications, ..........!!

I think every discovery in science will have a big impact on everyday life sooner or later.

THERE IS a SOMETHING

What happens is that this SHELL we call a BODY is CAST OFF and YES, is shocked, the BODY part IS for sure.

But the SPIRITUAL part moves onward and THIS explains why there IS a Universe and MATTER and ALL the REST of IT.

FACT: SOMETHING H A D to MAKE all of THIS we have IN US and AROUND US and ABOVE US. NOTHING comes from NOTHING, SOMETHING comes from SOMETHING.

NOW ... comes the BIG DEBATE: since NONE of YOUS can EXPLAIN how NOTHING comes from NOTHING and a "who cares" is not sufficient, either ... as IT answers NADA at all ... FACT REMAINS:

SOMETHING henceforth comes from SOMETHING.

ERGO: Sooooo What is The Something??? WELL ( and I know THAT is a DEEP subject) ... WELL ...... SOME call This Something:

1) The Creator
2) GOD
3) Yahweh
4) Jehovah
5) Allah
6) Buddah
7) Brahma

Any way you look at IT, there MUST be a Grand Something! THIS has been and continues to be universally acknowledged by members every tribe of people in every corner of this Earth.

And even the greatest thinkers of such tribes, whether they be a Sir Issac Newton or an Albert Einstein or an Immanuel Kant or a PLATO, you NAME IT. Of course, FREE WILL allows all to either BELIEVE or DISBELIEVE.

BUT those who DISBELIEVE have a MUCH more DIFFICULT it NOT IMPOSSIBLE TASK before them .. as to how to explain explain away this essential basic, most elemental question: HOW then can NOTHING come from NOTHING ??

The United States of America's most beloved President,
Abraham Lincoln, at the height of the The American Civil War (circa 1861-1865), the bloodiest war in all United States history, in which over 500,000 men perished, said these very words which just say IT all:

“I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Lwj_ybVno

Last edited:
TO follow what I have just stated above:

THE BIGGEST SECRET of DEATH is ....
that LIFE CONTINUES in some NEW spiritual form beyond
the cast off physical body.

Though this is very hard to fanthom and yes, extremely sobering, when ALL is SAID and DONE, this says IT best to me:

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know in full, even as I have been fully known."
1 Corinthians 13:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n4IM5E7vfs

Of course, THEE Ultimate Choice and Decision is for EACH of US to then make .... will YOU be THERE when "The Roll Up Yonder" is Called ???

Last edited:
I worry about you, ArrowMan. Looks like you might be teetering off the deep end
When I was a kid, I used to put my nose up close to the Sunday comics. It looked like a mass of dots. Life is like that. None of it makes any sense, but when you start looking at the big picture, it's not just dots. Instead we're all connected, and it's beautiful and funny and good. :yes:

You say MXBoots in your ending moniker about discovering that when you looked at comics as a child up close, they appeared as many dots. You said that the individual dots in and of themselves made no sense.

Then you state that when you start looking at "the big picture" it is "not just dots...instead, we are all connected, and it's beautiful and funny and good."

SOOO ... just what is the Big Picture to yous? How is it that we are all connected and "it is beautiful and funny and good"??

How are we ALL connected? Is there a common thread? If so, what IS that common thread .. and what makes it so glorious and so much fun and such a good experience?

Would you say because ALL of IT with the rich wondrous diversity is
LIFE-AFFIRMING ??

Because it ALL looks UP? UP to WHAT ?? IF SO, then what IS lthe
life-affirmation??,

In short, WHAT be the SOURCE of ALL
that is GOOD and UPLIFTS and is BEAUTIFUL?

WHAT BE IT ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q8ESzK5pCw

Last edited:
ArrowMan, here's the response I made on your other thread - I've copied and pasted here as well -

What I believe is that we are connected as human beings, and I am completely happy with living the best life on earth because it is the only chance I have the privilege to experience. Just because we don't have all the answers to the meaning or origins of life, doesn't leave me unfulfilled. Supernatural beliefs are invented by man to try and make sense of our existence by filling in the gaps on this lack of knowledge. The monotheistic god is one full of vengeance and violence created by Bronze Aged desert goatherders to control the masses and instill fear in their fellow man. Honestly I am saddened that you have taken refuge in these fantasies, but I can understand man's need to feel self-important and special, looked after by some imaginary sky-daddy. We have an innate need to feel love from a parental figure and that's all it is.

I take a more nuanced view.

I used to be a Christian. Now I'm more of an agnostic.

I have an open enough mind that it might be possible that there's an afterlife and something survives. However all logical evidence doesn't support that. While I remain hopeful, I realize that the odds are not terribly good.

Ironically I have a fear of death, but I find watching people dying to be an incredibly erotic thing.

Being a simple soldier I believe my spirit will go to Tir nan Og / Valhalla / Heaven whatever you call it when killed in action, on training or dying naturally. I hope those of enemy I slay go to a decent afterlife just somewhere else. Perhaps it is oblivion but that wouldn't explain memories of past lives and if this quantum entanglement of the brain is true and information cannot be destroyed that is an explanation and makes oblivion less likely, the information pattern of our brain goes somewhere.

Back