PDA

View Full Version : Major upgrade & redesign

Meatpie
28-10-11, 11:56 AM
Hi all,

Later today CDG will close for a while as the forum will be undergoing a major upgrade and redesign, user profiles will work in a new way after the upgrade but also expect changes in groups and the gallery section.

We hope everything goes according to plan, the upgrade will make the site even more secure and user-friendly.

Requests to join groups will be put on hold.

Expect the forum to be a white page/error message, this is normal durinig the upgrade process.

Some users may be able to log in be the board will be locked - you won't be able to use any of the site's functionalities.

Regards,

Cute Dead Guys forum staff

doncuffs
28-10-11, 12:01 PM
About how long will the site be down?

Meatpie
28-10-11, 12:04 PM
Expected downtime is up to 24 hours.

doncuffs
28-10-11, 12:10 PM
OK.....thanks! Means I will have to get on with my knitting instead!!

Meatpie
28-10-11, 12:14 PM
:yes: Have fun!

MMUK
28-10-11, 12:34 PM
Good luck with the upgrade.

Meatpie
28-10-11, 01:06 PM
Thank you.

ArrowMan
28-10-11, 01:14 PM
Hope it goes well !! I like the black background best, that's how I look at CDG. It is so much primer that way, hope the black background won't change!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:dunno:

:this isnt happening :this isnt happening

platinum
28-10-11, 01:32 PM
WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Somebody break out the heroin or something , I need a fix! Baaad! Where's that machine gun, I'm gonna massacre some nuns!

platinum
28-10-11, 01:34 PM
It's rumoured that some people have taken the news of CDG's temporary closure better than others.

platinum
28-10-11, 01:37 PM
No! I can't do it, I can't pretend I'm calm. For God's sake and the sake of my sanity come back soon, sooner, soonest!! In the meantime: AAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArrowMan
28-10-11, 02:02 PM
:aww man:I'm ALL SHOOK UP about this "new and improved" CDG !!

Please don't toss out the black background option here,
it will be no more fun without the black background option !!

:shock::shock::shock:

:confused:

:this isnt happening:this isnt happening:this isnt happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAN5Mjgjr0

kmagyoyo
28-10-11, 02:26 PM
Hoping for a good outcome for this websites surgery! I know that it is your precious baby! Thanks Meatpie!

Meatpie
28-10-11, 11:50 PM
Thank you guys, all went smoothly hope you like our new look!

phyzzique
28-10-11, 11:56 PM
Thank you guys, all went smoothly hope you like our new look!
So far, so good Meatpie!

erixavor
29-10-11, 12:09 AM
Damn. Great job, the site looks great!

Meatpie
29-10-11, 12:11 AM
Thank you.

stustustugoo
29-10-11, 12:14 AM
fucking awesome and beautiful...................

Meatpie
29-10-11, 12:17 AM
Hi Rick, glad you like! :happy stud:

thevicegrip
29-10-11, 02:08 AM
Thanks to all involved, the new site looks stunning, simply fabulous. Good work

madriver
29-10-11, 02:20 AM
The site looks great!!

Trachealover
29-10-11, 02:50 AM
Nice one....rather excellent actually. :yes:

mxboots888
29-10-11, 03:01 AM
I'm glad the black background remained. I'm with Arrowman :yes:

feettartar
29-10-11, 05:00 AM
Holy flying fuck, Batman!......i feel like i just got zapped back to 1965 when U.S. television went from b/w to color!!!! Those NBC peacock feathers suddenly make sense now!!!! Think i'll go watch some of those Wild Wild West episodes again!!!! I think seeing sweaty Jimbo all tied up shirtless all the time - and i DO mean, ALL THE TIME - was what made me fucking GAY!!!!!! (and a cannibal- LOL)

turbo
29-10-11, 05:33 AM
I like it - THANK YOU

platinum
29-10-11, 06:10 AM
Heartfelt SOB! of relief! Thank God you're back! I really like the new look, totally cool, now would you mind helping me clear up the trail of death and destruction that I left on my rampage during your absence!

KnockOutLover24
29-10-11, 06:52 AM
:shock: The site looks FANTASTIC, everything just pops out at you and is very very eye-pleasing. Great job Meatpie ^_^

jeb
29-10-11, 07:14 AM
Deaded?

PiercedChest
29-10-11, 07:26 AM
Glad you're online again:yes:
Will be fun to explore the facelift (is there a market for facelifting corpses?)

deadboy
29-10-11, 02:11 PM
Really nice job, Meatpie. Before, I would have said that the site did not need a facelift, but you have really made it look better. I like the dead foot on the right side of the banner! Good work!

slitneck1
29-10-11, 02:14 PM
nicely done, you put a lot of work into this site.... it is appreciated.

Meatpie
29-10-11, 02:17 PM
Really nice job, Meatpie. Before, I would have said that the site did not need a facelift, but you have really made it look better. I like the dead foot on the right side of the banner! Good work!

Glad you like deadboy. :cheerswine:

The reason behind all this change is that newer verions of the forum software were incompatible with the old style, same situation when we lost our red ogrish skin.

Lot's of new features have been added to the site and some bugs have been fixed.

Image titles in gallery are no longer cut off!

:super happy:

deadboy
29-10-11, 02:47 PM
Really excellent. Thank you for all your work.

PiercedChest
29-10-11, 03:31 PM
Look & feel getting better by the hour. Great work Meatpie.

Meatpie
29-10-11, 05:15 PM
Back to the red & black version now, it's a lot faster.

mxboots888
29-10-11, 05:59 PM
Meat, I found that when I edit stuff in the posting window, sometimes the text gets repeated in different areas like it doesn't get refreshed properly. Have you or anyone else seen this quirk? :not sure:

Meatpie
29-10-11, 06:09 PM
No, I haven't seen this.

ArrowMan
29-10-11, 06:15 PM
NEW DESIGN is totally CUMSOME!!!
:stroke::load::load::load:

Whole website just FLOWS OUT
like HORNY PUMPIN' manSPUNK
fresh outta a
GRINNIN', THROBBIN' necrogay DUDEdickHEAD!!!
:grin:
:grin::grin:

Just WAY too PRIME, oh yaYEAH !!!!!
Exceptional in every way,
a splendid BRILLIANT job, Pie !!

What a GENINUS you are,
CHEERS to you,
CHEERS for PIE !!!
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

:number one::number one::number one::number one::number one::number one::number one::number one::number one::number one::number one::number one::number one:

:dancing::rocks4::rocksss::excellent::rocks3::danc ing::happy banana::happy stud::rocks4::rulez::mates:

:good job::good job::good job::good job::good job::good job::good job::good job::good job::good job:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ieCUL0OFDw&feature=related

:group:

:cheerswine:

Meatpie
29-10-11, 06:25 PM
I love how the forum bleeds in the top right corner, and there is a good reason why - we are overflowing with dead young guys here!

CDG is busy as ever, despite the glitches and frequent templane changes people just keep posting away.

CDG users rawn on and remain unperturbed.

:Rock2:

ArrowMan
29-10-11, 06:34 PM
I love how the forum bleeds in the top right corner, and there is a good reason why - we are overflowing with dead young guys here!

CDG is busy as ever, despite the glitches and frequent templane changes people just keep posting away.

CDG users rawn on and remain unperturbed.

:Rock2:

HORNY blood flow up there, Pie ... in upper right corner,just barely see it BUT it is there! :hot:

As for US, WE CDG Dudes are a TOUGH n' HEARTY LOT, n' adversity DOES NOT deter us, we FEED on adversity and THRIVE!!
:flex::flex::flex::Rock2::Rock2::Rock2:

Cuz' WE are MEN! YEAH!!! We are WARRIORS, and WE are a TRIBE of BROTHERS!!!
:mates::mates::mates:

TOTALLY RAWKS, oh YEAH, n' HOW !!!! Thanks for bringin' US all together, Pie, you are an Einstein for NecroGay dudes!!!
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

LONG LIVE PieMan !!
:cheers:

LONG LIVE CDG !!!!
:cheerswine:

marko34
29-10-11, 06:42 PM
looks great

platinum
29-10-11, 06:45 PM
Hmmm! This seems to be working at the moment. Really like the changes, but mind you I was still much a newcomer so hadn't got bored with old style yet. Either way the site totally rocks! Love it to bits!

warrior
30-10-11, 04:32 AM
I totally agree with ArrowMan!
Real NICE JOB!

retiarius
30-10-11, 05:49 PM
Good job Meatpie

Pacific
31-10-11, 04:33 AM
Meatpie, I want to thank you for your diligence with the site. The upgrades are wonderful. I like the new look very much. You are to be commended for your persistance in making improvements materialize.

rogereg
31-10-11, 07:22 AM
wow nice redesign on the website. looks to fit our style really. 2 thumbs up

toptuan
01-11-11, 04:57 PM
I have to sign in twice every time now, in order to login. Is this a bug?

Meatpie
01-11-11, 05:22 PM
No it's not a bug. What browser are you using?

mxboots888
02-11-11, 04:19 AM
Hey MP, it's happening to me as well (what toptuan said). I mentioned this in your other thread as well. I'm using IE9

Meatpie
02-11-11, 12:08 PM
Try Firefox.

PiercedChest
02-11-11, 12:27 PM
I have no problem logging in using Firefox7 or IE9.

Another thing: I see the old banner's back. On my screen, the right half of the banner is now just boring gray.
What happened to Platinum's new banner collage and lettering? I liked that a lot better in the new setting.

Meatpie
02-11-11, 12:33 PM
Thank you for your feedback PiercedChest, we received a lot pms from members about the redisgn most want the old logo.

We will post a poll as promised soon and let the community decide what logo to use.

Several other guys have also said they want to help with a new banner so let's give them a few more days. :forum with coffe:

old bearkill
02-11-11, 07:18 PM
The aftermath skin is easy to read and for us elderly user with not so good eyesight anymore.

tnx!

ArrowMan
02-11-11, 07:51 PM
:wow sign: PieMan!!
What just happened to CDG now???
Quite a shocker but kinda like IT this way, too !!!
:hot:

Meatpie
02-11-11, 08:07 PM
Our redesign has cost us hundreds of dollars, please be patient and respect the hard work of other people.

If you don't like the current design you can change it with a single click by going to the bottom of this very page.

I realize it's hard to get used to a new skin especially for users who spend hours on the board every day.

I think the new design is exquisite and I hope the community appreciates the effort we have put up to bring you the the latest in forum functionality & security.

iamme2uk
03-11-11, 01:34 AM
Nice redesign

jeb
03-11-11, 02:01 AM
Im glad you flushed the "deaded"... made us sound like eight-year-olds ;-)

platinum
03-11-11, 10:03 AM
I don't mind what skin we have as long as I can see my cute dead guys and talk to my mates, they all look nice!

JasonHulme
03-11-11, 10:19 AM
Have managed to log in, no problem. I like the redesign; very sleek!

jon_b
03-11-11, 01:29 PM
I don't mind what skin we have as long as I can see my cute dead guys and talk to my mates, they all look nice!

:kissess:

muhsafik
03-11-11, 02:53 PM
Now the site it's more beautiful..

Meatpie
03-11-11, 04:49 PM
Thank you.

KOTopGuy
06-11-11, 07:04 PM
The new design looks great! Well done!