Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all,

As you may have noticed as of October 11 user titles and ranks have been updated for all members depending on post count.

We have introduced a new user title - Forum lurker and it will now appear under the names of users with low post count.

Forum newcome
r
will remain in use, it is automatically assigned to all new members who have recently joined our community.

Forum Regular,
Forum Resident and Forum Veteran are awarded to users with high post count, generally active posters with good reputation level.

Forum Elite level is considered cream of the crop, these guys are CDG's finest, trully dedicated forum stars and their opinion does matter on how the site is run.

Best,

Cute Dead Guys Forum staff

Can I be God Emperor? Can I? Can I? Can I pretty please? Can I pretty please with a cute guy on a morgue slab with bells on?

Or failing that, how about Chief Rabbit or RabbitMeister or DeathBunny anything, but please don't throw me in the briar patch!

You can change your user title in your profile settings.

I don't like being labeled "Lurker" Maybe forum "pervert" would be more appropriate . I am a looker or gawker.I try to post but don't have much to share because of my shame I deleted all my pictures and stories. Please I promise not to lurk give me regular status Please not "Lurker" Please

I don't like being labeled "Lurker" Maybe forum "pervert" would be more appropriate . I am a looker or gawker.I try to post but don't have much to share because of my shame I deleted all my pictures and stories. Please I promise not to lurk give me regular status Please not "Lurker" Please

Try going to your own profile and edit the setting - I am fairly sure it is customisable. .:not sure:

The idea is good, but seems to me 'lurker' is being used too widely - for guys who never post it's fine, but there's quite a few 'lurkers' who do post new stuff, or contribute fairly regularly to discussions (and not just one-word comments like 'hot'), and I reckon they deserve something a bit better. I'd certainly class grandpawilliam as a regular rater than a lurker!

Thank you all for your feedback, it's much appreciated and the forum staff follow discussions in our support section closely.

We've optimized the user titles settings after carefully examining post statistics and the current system will stay into place. grampawilliam registered more than two years ago but has only 87 posts, that still puts him into the lurker group although he is coming close to a forum regular.

I do not want to make a fuss but your emphasis on 'posts' rather than 'content' seems rather unfair. A 'post' may consist of just one word..."Great!".....or "100 actual photos". Both are treated as equal taking no regard of 'content'. Also you do not appear to take account of contributions to either 'Galleries' or 'Groups' which again can include substantial numbers of original photos. I realise all of this may be difficult to log or record but some of us are trying to make a contribution in our various ways. But keep up the good work Meatpie!

Sorry doncuffs, the forum software is not that advanced and can't take into account quality of posts that's why we have a reputations system so that other users can click on your profile directly from a thread and give you good reputation if they like your contributions.

You can also apply for elite membership via our application form from the top menu but we will only accept users with high reputation level and high post count.

I will personally award you a green bar for your contributions in the gallery.

If you have further questions or complaints please reply to this thread.

UPDATE

After feedback from users, both positive and negative Forum Lurker will now only apply to users with zero or very low post count.

New users who have made at least several posts will have the title Forum Newcomer.

Thank you & as always feedback welcome.

Good move Meatpie!
And like the new look, like it a lot and seems to be working fine for me.
Was worrisome evening friday - kept tryiing to log on and kept getting the error message!

I do not want to make a fuss but your emphasis on 'posts' rather than 'content' seems rather unfair. A 'post' may consist of just one word..."Great!".....or "100 actual photos". Both are treated as equal taking no regard of 'content'. Also you do not appear to take account of contributions to either 'Galleries' or 'Groups' which again can include substantial numbers of original photos. I realise all of this may be difficult to log or record but some of us are trying to make a contribution in our various ways. But keep up the good work Meatpie!

I realize that the forum software makes it difficult to track the inherent 'value' of a contribution, but it would be worth it to devise some system that rewards original contributions and contents greater than simple postings. To use an extreme example, I have now dropped two stories in the 'Literature' section as contributions. Those stories took me about 10 hours to write, edit and refine. Yet, under the current tracking system, this counts for a grand total of two posts.

I understand that it's hard for any group or forum to assign things like 'value' and 'merit' but there should be a way for people posting _original_ content (whether stories or art) can somehow get some form of greater recognition for their effort than people that just write 'rad'.

It's clear to me that the mods take time to read and think about stuff. If I didn't think there was any hope, I wouldn't be making this post in the first place.

Thanks for listening.

Respectfully,

- A

If members like your stories they can rate your thread and give you green reputation bars with a single click, this is our system that rewards original contributions. Patience is needed on your part though, it sometimes take months to incrase your user reputation level.

If members like your stories they can rate your thread and give you green reputation bars with a single click, this is our system that rewards original contributions. Patience is needed on your part though, it sometimes take months to incrase your user reputation level.

Will try to post some stories, but my english is maybe not great enough for that, but have some great ones in french, and will translate. Thaks agaoin for the FUN I have here.

Damn butt pirates.........fudge packers..........dick lickers............

You cant deactivate my account.........I am a pussy monster........faggots..........

Back