Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all,

As some of you have seen the forum was a white/error page today due to a server glitch.

Our users consume a lot of bandwith and the forum gets around 150,000 hits a month.

We need to upgrade to a new, faster server that will cost us hundreds of dollars if we want to avoid future white pages.

Therefore we kindly ask regular users to support the community with donations and upgrade their membership to premium.

If more people sign up and just lurk and consume bandwith we may deny access to zero post users or make CDG a paid website, something we have always tried to avoid but given how things are going this may be the only way to save the community from going down like UR.

We will keep you posted.

Best,

Cute Dead Guys forum staff

thanks Meatpie, sure many of us will chip in and try to help.
will be a shame if cdg becomes a pay site - we will inevitably lose some of the welcoming everyone-contributing feel community feel if that happens.
Everyone - regular lookers as well as active posters - be part of community, contribute so we can afford the upgrade we need!

Thank you for your kind words DD.

CDG was never intended as a pay site, you have been with us from the start and you know this. But times have changed. CDG has grown and we now attract hundreds of users from around the world with original posts and interesting discussions.

All cool and fun but good things come at a price. So far we mange to scrape by but I don't know how for long. Newer faster servers are expensive but there is no doubt one day we will have to upgrade.

Still is fun - great site. If we pull together, hopefully we can keep it going for quite a while yet.

We could have a party and auction off my gentials to the highest bidder, raise money that way, they photogaph the removal process and put that online, just a suggestion, im very real and not a fake about this.

We could have a party and auction off my gentials to the highest bidder, raise money that way, they photogaph the removal process and put that online, just a suggestion, im very real and not a fake about this.

I would want to see what I was bidding for first......:aha:

Make it a pay site. I would pay . and not have to worry about how to donate. and get rid or the "secret room" I THINK $35.00 a month is a little high but recurring memberships of $12-$15 would be reasonable.=maybe allow the lurkers an hour a week free peeps or something
Or just make it easier to donate without all the red tape.
I love this place !

Do the web host in the U.S get shut down due to the nature of the sight.
There is a company in Sweden that I use to host a few different gore related interests sites.
They are fairly priced, but the only thing is the by laws of site content.
As long as I believe no member that is posted here in the same state as the content provided here.
They do not care.
As far as donations is concerned. Suggestions on a fundraiser of sorts?
I was thinking about we can offer new enticements other then the S.R

I will be shooting you a further email regarding this issue. ":D

Thanks, any suggestions/feedback are welcome.

Phyzz's idea sounds good to me, a link to Paypal would make things easy for me.

Back