Your opinions. What do you think of this?

Entilzha

Confederate Soldier
In my country, there has been a site released where pedophiles are named with pictures, home addresses, phone numbers and all personal info. The individuals are either convicted or suspected of having sex with minor children.

The supporters say this is to ensure safety so people can see where these guys live and that they have to be careful.
However, during this last weekend, many of these individuals have been harassed, threatened with death and been visited, or have stones thrown through their windows.

Officially, Dutch Law prohibits the display of private info on websites, but the site is hosted in the US to circumvent this...

My opinion:

"It is good that these sites exist, but I worry people will take matters into their own hands and might start a lynch mob. Pedophilia is not a good thing, these people should be helped, but I doubt this will work..."

The problem is that general populace thinks if you critisize this, you are a pedophile or supporter...

Any thoughts?

Names and Location they always have given away. But how are phone numbers and personal information necessary? Parents have no reason whatsoever to contact them personally. I think that's a bit much.

I can't believe they allow this in the Netherlands. I think the authorities are the ones who prove whether a person is a pedo or not...

WTF? They just do in on suspicion?

Kinda barbaric, sorry entilzha nothing against your country.

Pedo does indeed suck but this is not the way.

True, but the ones hosting this website say it was necessary to warn the parent sof a convicted or suspected pedophile...

I hope we will not get a lynching mob on our hands....

It's totally wrong. As most child sexual abuse is carried out by a family member or a "trusted" family friend, actions like these are useless in preventing child sexual abuse. All it will achieve is that it will ensure that those convicts on the sex register will simply go underground and disappear, if they have any sense.

The tabloid newspapers in England tried to do this a few years ago. Typical chav class stupidity.

Back