• No

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
happy.jpg

Sigmund Freud, one of my favourite scientists, was well aware that economic success did not make people happy.

Most psychoanalysts and therapists today would agree.

The founder of psychoanalysis thought only the realization of a deep childhood desire could provide such satisfaction. But today there are many different points of view on the subject.

What's your take on this?

What was your childhood desire and can you achieve it with enough money?

My childhood desire, not surprisingly, was to fuck a dead dude.

Money certainly can't buy happiness, but having enough to avoid real poverty or anxiety about carrying on certainly helps. I think there's evidence that up to a low-middle income (whatever that is in each country) more money tends to go with more happiness - but that above that level there's no correlation, once you get to the seriously-wealthy level the correlation is negative is negative if anything. And being downwardly-mobile, unable to afford what you're used to, is never fun.

A little money might bring me a little happiness if I use it in the right manner. But, a lot of money can buy security and power. When you have a lot of money, you find that you have friends who can get you ANYTHING you want, even a hot dead guy to hump. Of course, its just a theory. I will need a great deal of money to determine if it is factual.

depends how much YOU HAVE and What sort of Corpse you can get at the moment. haha

if i have much more money like 100 million,i would be very happiness,i want to open a company,buy one car and also want to make a beautiful girlfriend,buy a big big house.

Money can buy you happiness for certain. BUT, it can also buy you a lot of grief if it is not managed wisely and with humility.

Loads of Money could buy you as many cute dead guys as you want ;-)

I have known people who worry more when they have money and people who are happy when they have little.

Fran Lebowitz has pointed out (correctly) that money can buy you an escape from NOISE! Enormous quantities of CASH are absolutely essential if you wish to live in peace and quiet.

I believe most of what we buy is junk in the end? Money to buy junk is itself junk. On the other hand if the money permits you to experience new experiences there is a benefit but money will never beat or provide love, care, kindness.

Depends on what you do with the money. If you live your life like before you happened onto the new found wealth, it just makes living much more enjoyable not to worry about running out of money in your lifetime. If you're the kind who would go buy any and everything under the sun and just accumulate junk, you just get to clutter and complicate your life much more. I can't see how anyone can be truly happy that way.

YES. MONEY CAN BUY YOU HAPPINESS. Those that said money didn't buy them happiness obviously DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY!!!!

I'm a simple guy. Not having to worry about food, shelter & clothing is enough to make me happy. Thus, I don't need to have a lot of money to be happy. For those more sophisticated people whose happiness can only come from ending world hunger! Well, then, YOU'RE GONNA NEED A LOT OF MONEY to make you happy.

And then there's always one of those who can only be happy when the sky is not blue but red, or when it rains, instead of water, human feces come pouring down... Those people don't need money. A head doctor is what they need.

suze orman says it best, people first, then money, then things, i mean, she's a dyke but she's right lol. just kidding i'm gay. i'd rather have lots of money and look broke than be flashy and having people like me for the perception that i'm rich. in other words, i just want to be loved for me, is that so wrong? lol the freedom that comes from having f-you money is a dream i hope to see in my lifetime. i mean, i hope to always stay humble and genuine because i know what it's like to struggle. i can't stand rich pompous assholes who never knew or forgot what it's like to struggle. i'm rambling but this is a topic that gets me riled up. boy this site makes me be bad when i should be working, lol. thanks for listening.

Back