In Pictures: Motorist Propelled 115ft into church roof in Germany

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
a_e8b52.jpg

a_e8b53.jpg

Chemnitz-_2_474970a.jpg

A German motorist missed a bend in the road, hurtled up a bank and "took off" into the roof of a church, in an accident which police said was unlike any they had ever seen.

Police in the east German state of Saxony said that the bank acted like a springboard, propelling the black Skoda 115ft through the air and straight into the building's roof frame, where it remained wedged seven metres off the ground.

“We’ve never ever had a case of a car landing in a church before,” said Frank Fischer, a spokesman for Chemnitz police. He said that excessive speed was a possible cause for the accident while officers were also testing the driver for alcohol.

The 23-year-old was being treated in hospital today for serious injuries, while the car - which was extracted from the roof by a crane - had suffered around £13,000 of damage.

The cost to repair the church roof has not yet been estimated.

Whoah! That's incredible. I want to hear what he saw as he was flying up like that. Maybe he had his eyes closed.

I wonder how he survided. People craok in much midler accidents.

I don't understand this world

Yep, some people die in fender benders, and then some live through unbelievable catastrophes. Here's another example of the latter.
Teetering_van.jpg

They say, “Go out with a bang.” A Colorado man got the “bang” part right, but failed on the “out” when he attempted suicide by driving his van over a precipice in Colorado.

34-year-old Daniel J. Lyons and his sweet 1987 Dodge van bounced down the rocky side of the canyon at Colorado National Monument park this past Wednesday only to be brought to an abrupt halt by an outcropping. Rescue workers found him teetering over the 170-foot drop. Eventually, a litter was lowered over the edge and Lyons was pulled to safety.

Oh shit, how is this possible?

Insane world.

Back