Future of Humanity?

• Global Revolution.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • War.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Neither. The world can stay as it is now, all is fine.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
EARTH_DISASTER_Wallpaper_kw30r.jpg

Every great depression results in war or revolution - we studied this in university.

Oil prices are set to hit $200 a barrel and some say even more.

Global food prices are skyrocketing, pushing millions into starvation.

Inflation will create more angry protesters, not only in Arab nations.

Millions are on welfare in the US and the UK, two countries with monster budget deficits.

More greedy banks will need government bailouts, billions of dollars of taxpayers' money.

Do you people really believe this can go for much longer?

What do you think is the solution to this global crisis?

Discuss & vote.

world will be fucked soon ..the minerals they will end and the true war between humain start .

I believe one of the key nexus points is energy, or the interruption/lack thereof. Think out of the box for one second--where does your food come from? The shop, the take-away, the fridge, the freezer? Where does your diesel/petrol come from? The filling point? From a tanker vehicle? From a refinery? From a well far distant? From a mega-tanker on the high seas? Where does your electrical power come from? The light switch? The high voltage lines you observe outside the city? The power generating station? What is the basic component of virtually everything you use everyday? The laptop you are using right now? The furniture you are sitting on right now? What is your mobile comprised of? Your flatscreen? The floor coverings in your flat? The paint on the walls? Petroleum is the basis of life in the west, and to a greater and greater degree, the rest of the world. A tipping point has been reached in that the less-industrialized economies are slowly but surely catching up with the west. China has now begun selling more cars than America for the first time in history. This is a mind-numbing/shattering event for those of us in the west if only for the fact that mega populations of China, India, and the rest of the less-industrialized societies are now in direct competition with the west for OIL. China has been burning diesel in her power generating stations; that is a major component of the rise in refined diesel costs. The consumption of oil is on an exponential basis; that is, it's not just one or two or a few Chinese customers acquiring new cars, it's dozens, hundreds, thousands of new customers. Those same customers want and are also acquiring more laptops, more mobiles, more flat screens, more airconditioning systems, more fridges/freezers . . . at the same time that economies in America/the EU/UK have still not recovered, and millions of men are still out of work, wondering where their next meal will come from . . . against this backdrop you have the incredible spectacle of "peace breaking out" in the middle east . . . millions of young and not-so-young also want their political freedom, the chance to work at a decent wage, (remember the staggering unemployed numbers in the region) the chance to acquire their own accoutrements . . . one has to ask why did this occur now? Who will be in control of OIL once the dust has settled? Are the newly enfranchised going to make a deal? Has the movement actually been triggered by black ops in the west as a means of continuing to control OIL? Why are the leaders suddenly just exiting, their governments toppled? They've been there for decades . . . friends of the west . . . who supplied, and continues to supply trillons of $/€/£ and arms and materiel and personnel/support systems . . . why now? Why indeed. Once the match is lit, it's virtually impossible to snuff the flame of self-preservation and the quest for self-governance and self-determination. The movement cannot be stopped, it will reach around the world, into the west; that is one of the primary (if not the primary) reasons peace continues to conveniently "break out" at this moment. A diversion? Perhaps. The elite will not be denied their source of power, dominance, and control. Without oil, it's going to be a much different world; it's in the core interests of the elite that the first phase of the "global die off" has commenced--rioting for food, scarce resources as in oil, water, will continue and infest every corner of the planet. It's not a random error, a horrible mistake of nature. The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is real, not a joke. In the greater Washington DC area, certain key personnel have installed private energy reserves at their homes. The same is true for the EU/UK and other places that house movers and shakers. Why have the Bushes acquired vast reserves of property in Paraguay? Why are Gulfstream V's in strategic locations fully fueled/loaded & ready to fly at moments notice? Government subterranean facilities around the world are now fully stocked/refreshed and ready to receive personnel; COG (continuity of Government) plans are updated and in place. The paradigm shift is happening. Before your eyes. Certain cities and countries will survive relatively intact, because of thier future planning and coopertion with one another. Berlin and Moscow come to mind; the Gazprom deal insures Berlin's prominance as the global leader, perhaps THE global leader after all has been said and done. The old Russian Bear has one more trick up her sleeve, that is, being the largest holder of petroleum reserves in the world, she holds all-important cards. And she still has thousands of ICBM's ready to fly . . . best not to upset mother Russia. And of course, one must not discount Iran, whose reserves are still very important. The fact that Ahmadinejad is ready to deploy nuclear weapons in his quest for the return of the 13th Imam is hugely significant. The introduction of chaos and return of the 13th Imam are the primary focus of his agenda. With all of that said, our new world may likely be drawn up along the lines of the new Islamic/Chinese axis (remember that Islam is the primary religon of the planet, just behind Christianity) and the Western Alliance, with the US/EU/UK North/Central/South America, non-Islam Oceania, including Australia-New/Zealand as the major components. Whether or not the impending conflict includes mushroom clouds is a matter of extreme debate; let's just say that Government stores include iodine tabs, geiger counters, and fallout shelters . . . as one of our favorite icons said, "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" http://www.youtube.com/user/JValdez669?feature=mhum#p/f/6/XypVcv77WBU

Interesting thoughts JV, thanks for sharing.

While the world becomes more and more confused and chaotic, virulent diseases from Africa will start spreading. These diseases will resist existing medications and will devastate high density populations. Millions will die or become sterile. The only way to stop the spread will be to isolate the infected. Whole cities will become the equivalent of the leper colonies of the past. Governments will weaponize it and spread it further. Fortunately, those who have a slightly different ancestry will have immunity. The descendants of a certain group will have to repopulate the world. It won't be the same as it was. At least people will live a lot longer.

I don't see any evidence of deadly disease spreading globally, the biggest threat to mankind at present is the fallout from the great depression.

The world is getting horribly divided instead of getting more united.

Muslim Civilization vs Western Civilization

China vs West

Russia vs West

Rich countries vs third world

These great imbalances, these rifts between nations spell doom, there will be a second more devastating crisis very soon.

As I said before rising food prices will push millions more to the brink, riots will take place in more countries as more and more people won't be able to buy food for their families.

Climate change have alsot dealt a heavy blow to the world economy

2010 Russian Forest Fires - Russian imposed a ban on all export of wheat.

2010 Australian Floods - no corn, no wheat from there

2010 Chinese Drought - biggest in century

Meanwhile population is rising, demand for food in China is exceptional, pushing prices further up.

There is no stopping this global trend, food prices are definately going up.

Inflation will put pressure on countries recovering from the Great Depression, killing economic growth.

Horrible scenario but very real.

This is global crisis the world has been facing for the last few years is not a true great depression as the tipping point(s) have not been meet yet.
The governments of the wold have done a reasonable job of making sure this hasn't happened yet.

I assume that it will take several countries economies to collapse in order it to be a true Great Depression which I predict will be worse than the 1920s-1930s one.

The worlds economy is inflated and artificially propped up and when it reaches its tipping point, chaos will ensue.

What I mean artificially propped up, is the natural trade cycle is a community of people create what they need for their community and trade the rest. eg, growing crops, making baskets and selling or trading this excess surplus. Over time, taxes were introduced and ways of generating more income for businesses which has lead to everything being taxed. All this extra taxes creates a cycle of dependency to keep the economy going.

It has come to a point where military and defense concerns and world politics govern a countries economy to a certain dgree, a country needs to keep its military and defense topped up and also countries are competing against each other for control over global politics. A country for a smaller economy has less influence to influence global policies and global defense.

In order to keep the economy and money flow fluid and afloat, their is inflation, creating new money, introducing new taxes, increasing taxes, these also acts to counteract the debt each country has which in turn leads to a vicious cycle of needing more money to keep the country from getting bankrupt.

Governments need to reign in their debts and create a self sustaining economy (which is possible) and stop worrying so much about war games as it is very expensive and damaging in the long run.

The solutions can be simple but their is no desire to implement these simple solutions.

I do not foresee the world government easing the cash flow problem and going back to the basics of community supply and demand for a while or introducing renewable energy to help ease the current problem as they can see this as a security risk to the country.

War is the most likely case.
Between whom? Most likely likely originating from the middle east.

I suspect strongly that Russia and China are positioning themselves to become top dogs when the time is right. All their political maneuvering reeks of it.

I am sad as most of the worlds problems can be easily solved but there is so real desire to due to peoples paranoia over war games.

This is global crisis the world has been facing for the last few years is not a true great depression as the tipping point(s) have not been meet yet.
The governments of the wold have done a reasonable job of making sure this hasn't happened yet.

It all depends on what part of the world you live in.

From a Greek perspective this is the worst great depression in history...with millions out of work and and a mountain of debt Greece has been particularly hard hit.

There a limited prospects for growth in 2014 for most European nations and the feeble recovery in the USA was short-lived as the government shutdown will definately have serious negative impacts for American economy.

Hey, if we continue down this path the world is totally doomed by self-destruction. Oh there will be wars, starvation, total environmental collapse, and other fun things.

Humans are very tough parasites, we will hang on and adapt for a while, but when we finally destroy the ecosystem we too are doomed to self extinction.

"New Inheritors of Earth, you over estimate your worth!"

From the ashes of our own self destruction a new world will rise.

Hey, if we continue down this path the world is totally doomed by self-destruction. Oh there will be wars, starvation, total environmental collapse, and other fun things.

When I first posted this thread I never imagined there will be a civil war in Ukraine, never.

No one could have predicted that.

:sad3:

I agree, in 2011 it looked like the Ukraine was pretty stable but the combination of insanely Nationalistic people and the global trend to revert to tribalism has taken over. In some ways Russia is just stuffing it to the Americans and the West with their own twisted logic. The sad thing is that it would be much more effective for Russia and the Ukraine to come to a deal and work with West, then both would profit. Now both will suffer all in the name of power grabs.

It really doesn't matter, the world as we know it is doomed unless we seriously address the never ending greed and race to use up everything the Earth has to give as fast as possible in the name of unsustainable growth and profit for the top 1% while the bottom 90% get the privilege of working for slave labour.

We are losing all the hard fought for rights in the name of power grabs!

660-Obama-income-inequality.jpg

I think economic inequality is a huge problem in the USA as well not just Russia and Ukraine.

Political power in the USA rests with the billionaire class driving inequality, not so different from Vlad Putin's regime.

Economic inequality is a world wide problem. In Canada we are rushing head on to destroy our environment to ship dirty tar-sands oil to Asia and States where it will be refined without environmental restrictions and with cheap labour then import back the products at inflated prices while we are shutting down our own refineries.

Case in point: YVR (Vancouver International Airport) is building a Jet fuel port so it can buy cheaper fuel from Asia, fuel made from Canadian tar-sands oil.

Why? So some mega billionaires can make even more billion$$$$$$$.

The local refinery cannot get a guaranteed supply of oil because the export market has been given first priority. Oh yes, our local refinery is fully Unionized and meets the highest environmental standards, yet it still can sell it's output at a significant profit, but not as big a profit as can be made by refining the oil in Asia.

As I said: We are Doomed! Greed and short term profits will suck the life blood out of the planet. Dam the Torpedoes, Full Speed Ahead!

Who cares, those in control will all be dead before the system totally fails. So will you and I!

You are in some poetic mood tonight man.

Hey Meatpie, it is early afternoon in my part of the world, and I'm just twisted and bitter. It blows my mind how fast Humanity is racing to self-destruction. I have more than a few self-destructive tendencies myself, maybe fueled by the pure insanity I see all around me.

I constantly wonder if it is worth responding at all.

I need to get my head into a better place, and the sun has just broken out so I'm heading out myself.

Fireboots

Well I know in the UK Islamification is taking place under our noses and has done for some time for example they are slaughtering animals by way of Halal sacrifice without even informing us that's the meat we are buying, I have known extreme Islam to be taking over British schools recently and there was a program today about Convicts been recruited to extreme Islam while being in PRISON.. I think the only major threat to the western world is Islam..

A threat our government are very keen to hide by throwing the race card at people who notice

Back