PDA

View Full Version : Egypt shuts down internet access in the region, CDG users affected, sources down

Meatpie
28-01-11, 08:15 PM
Internet traffic in Egypt is severed, CNN reports.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/01/28/egypt.internet.shutdown/index.html?hpt=P1

CDG is affected in two ways.

We can confirm that:

- Regular users are no longer able to log in.
- Several of our main sources, hosted on servers in Egypt are down.

Egypt's internet network only has about 10 companies controlling the key infrastructure that keeps the country connected, making a nationwide government-mandated cutoff feasible.

:unreal:

RAYBIES
28-01-11, 09:04 PM
GOOD GRIEF, THIS IS HORRIBLE!!
I HOPE WHEN ALL THE TURMOIL CLEARS, IF IT CLEARS THAT THE SYSTEM WILL BE ABLE TO RETURN TO SOME KIND OF NORMAL. WILL THIS CAUSE A PERMANENT PROBLEM IN THE SYSTEM? OR IS THIS TEMPORARY? I DO HAVE TO SAY THAT ON A LESS SERIOUS NOTE THE LINK YOU GAVE.....THE CNN WRITER (mark m. ) OF THAT ARTICLE IS SUPER, LIKE, CUTE!

Meatpie
28-01-11, 09:31 PM
Egypt is in deep trouble and we are worried about friends in Cairo.

killer
09-03-11, 08:54 PM
Egypt is in deep trouble and we are worried about friends in Cairo.

yes, one of my friend member based in Cairo has told me that, and I just wonder why he is banned not only from his country but also from this site... curiosity

Dramaqueen
11-03-11, 05:18 PM
everything dies.

CUTEGUYSAREHOT
27-04-11, 12:21 AM
Internet censorship is happening because of the sorry ass elite control freaks! It is not right to censor internet! That is tyranny! Let freedom live on for all of mankind!