Dedicated to Nanaimo

ArrowMan

Forum Elite
Elite Member
This is for you, NanaimoBudd......who I will never forget...

"I'll be seeing you, in all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces, all day through...
In that small cafe, the park across the way,
The children's carousel, the chestnut trees, the wishing well...

I'll be seeing you in every lovely summer's day,
IN EVERYTHING THAT'S LIGHT AND GAY,
I'll always think of you that way !
I'll find you in the morning sun, and when the night is new...
I'll be looking at the moon, BUT I'LL BE SEEING YOU!!!!!!!!:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqghMh6RRUM
http://solosong.net/seeingyou/seeingyou.html

:sm (47):

Attachments

• Sparkies Dream Torture Test 9.jpg
    Sparkies Dream Torture Test 9.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 280
  • Sparkies Dream Torture Test 5.jpg
    Sparkies Dream Torture Test 5.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Oh well that absolutely broke my heart. :(

I cannot forget eric either. I think about him often - where he is, is he alright, is he ever gonna come back?

Beautiful song Arrow, thanks

"I'll Be Seeing You"

You are welcome, PieMan.

"I'll Be Seeing You" was often performed and sung during WW2 in memory of those soldiers who were Missing In Action or perished in the fighting and never came home alive.

It is a very melancholy work, full of remembrance, sadness and longing. It was was the theme song of the world-famous, reknown show man, classical pianist LIBERACE...who always concluded every concert with it.

I had the high privilege of hearing LIBERACE perform "I'll Be Seeing You" in his hometowm of Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA (I will never forget the beauty of this performance and his moving singing of these lyrics).

After the performance I met LIBERACE and he gave me his very unique and now priceless autograph of his name, LIBERACE, with a piano and candelabra drawn above it.

I told him how moving that piece was, and he began to sob....he must have been thinking of a certain someone, too, whom he deeply missed....and he always so loved his audiences....he sings it on the first link above on YouTube at he end of a performance.

Yes, indeed, Nanaimo aka Eric "....in everything that is light and gay, we'll always think of you that way...."

I often perform "I'll Be Seeing You" on the piano, also being a pianist, and sing it, thinking of all those I deeply have known and now deeply miss....including you, Eric, wherever you may be.

"...I'll find you in the morning sun, and when the night is new....
I'll be looking at the moon, BUT I'LL BE SEEING YOU !!"

:sm (41)::sm (41)::sm (47):

Last edited:
and why me? I aint dead yet.

Oh PieMan, I am just thanking you for your kind remarks you posted about how much "I'll Be Seeing You" moved you in this thread I began in remembrance of Nanaimo.

Of course, you are not missing or departed, but if that ever happens, and/or if CDG ever goes down and never comes back again, I will perform this "I'll Be Seeing You" for you and for all my dear friends here as well.

hahha

great. and what if you depart first?

Attachments

• MCG2.jpg
    MCG2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 257
  • MCG4.jpg
    MCG4.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 166
  • MCG6.jpg
    MCG6.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 201