I have often wondered the same thing, I love an open wide eye stare into the abyss by some cute hot guy. I assume it has to do with how fast they died, for example a quick head shot often leaves them staring more from what I have noticed.

Generally yes but not always the case. Some guys shot in the head close their eyes like they went to sleep and others who were stabbed in the chest also died with eyes wide open.

I have no explanation and can't find any articles on the internet.

As Meatpie says - there is not a lot written - the loss of consciousness in death is not the same process as falling asleep. From my own experiences of guys who died in traumatic circumstances - and who were still conscious were all trying to stay awake and trying to talk. The transition from life to death seemed only a few seconds - they stopped talking, relaxed and died still with eyes open.

There are clearly many factors and circumstances - but I came to the conclusion that its not just sudden death (eg bullet in brain) that leaves a guy with a death stare.

Thank you for your reply Jon, interesting as always.

I haven't seen a person die with death stare but I have seen animals die and my assumption is people shouldn't be any different.

Death has a sudden onsent with no warning. One second you are alive, next your brain switches off like a TV set and the body is left with a blank stare.

As the brain is deprived of oxygen the first thing to go is peripheral vision, you only begin to see through a narrow tunnel and you can be with your eyes open and see nothing if cerebral hypoxia becomes severe.

This is what happens with death stare guys - their eyes are open yet they don't see anything and black out.

What makes deathstares even more special is that once you die all muscles relax, eye muscles included and the pupils dilate as they no longer react to light.

I hope I die with a deathstare, I would be just awesome.

If I am lucky enough I will make my morgue techs horny and they even may decide to fuck me, who knows.

Back