Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Granny has been complaining of severe headache and dizziness for the last couple of days, her blood pressue is over 150/90.

I told her and explained that this puts her at a risk of a stroke and that she should take her medicine.

"I don't care anymore, I am ready for the grave," she said and refuses to take any drugs.

Now that's just killing me.

I've heard this before from elderly people, from my other grandpa and he did indeed croak after he said this in front of everybody while were having dinner.

:sad:

I don't know what is best to do in such a situation.

Simply giving up is stupid, I may talk with her sister and ask her for help.

The are both over 80.

maybe call her doctors office and tell the staff. Perhaps her emotions are a reaction to the meds she is taking, and her doctor could help. Good luck!

Thanks man, most kind of you to say that.

Yeah, I think it's a good idea will see how she is tomorrow and will take her to the doc.

Doctors here only care for the money and no one gives us a shit about their patients.

If she dies she will be just another corpse on Earth, no big deal.

But for me personally and for our family it will be a big loss.

That's how the world goes these days.

our doctors here in the US are the same way,
you are only a paycheck in their eyes.
irresponsible non human garbage, look how they fucked
me ...

They haven't fucked you, you will be alright.

You know nothing about Bulgaria, we have brutal cases here documented by police.

Last week a woman gave birth and doctors asked for $1,000 for emergency treatment because the baby was premature.

She said she won't give them money it's against the law.

Two doctors spoke on the phone and the chief of the hospital said, "Should we dronwn the baby in a bucket of water or starve him to death?"

They released a recording of this on the news.

The world is a very sick place.

It caused a massive stir, it got to parliament and next week there will be a political storm as some parties threaten to boycott the government.

The health minister said he is deeply ashamed of his colleagues.

What do you think would happen if this was in the US?

This is just despicable.

horrible, just horrible,
people here would riot and take out massive law suits...

The doc was fat and disgusting, they didn't give the baby a chance, his mother said her child was struggling to breathe.

She is completely heartbroken.

We will see what happens.

Granny has been complaining of severe headache and dizziness for the last couple of days, her blood pressue is over 150/90.

I told her and explained that this puts her at a risk of a stroke and that she should take her medicine.

"I don't care anymore, I am ready for the grave," she said and refuses to take any drugs.

Now that's just killing me.

I've heard this before from elderly people, from my other grandpa and he did indeed croak after he said this in front of everybody while were having dinner.

:sad:

I don't know what is best to do in such a situation.

Simply giving up is stupid, I may talk with her sister and ask her for help.

The are both over 80.

Meatpie, I have just come across your post. I have been through the same problem with my parents. and even my grandparent. My mother had become especially difficult. She was just plain mean at times. All she wanted to do was die. She fell and fractured her hip. While she in a convalescent facility, she was visited by a psychiatric doctor. He said that depression is very common among the elderly, but it isn't treated the same way as it would be in younger people. He gave her Ritalin, a drug that is often given to children with ADD. The change was amazing and she was so much happier.

I suggest you ask your granny's doctor about treating her for depression. If you can get her started on the Ritalin, she may be a great deal more reasonable. Otherwise, you have to realize that you can only do so much. You granny has the right to choose even if there are negative consequences. All you can do is tell her how much you care about her and you are only trying to do what will make her more comfortable. That's all you can do.

Hi Snerdy and thanks for your kind comment.

I am glad to say that my grandmother started taking her blood pressue pills regularly and she said "I feel much better - no headache and not dizzy", I talked with her today.

I guess it took her a while to come to terms with her condition, I told her that the pills will make her feel better in a few days.

I even took her for a walk and we went shopping together.

She has cared for me when I was a kid and I will not let her down now that she needs assistance.

Her husband Alexander died of cancer in 1994, he passed away in the bathroom and because he was tall and stong she couldn't lift him...and she stayed with the dead body until paramedics arrived only to pronounce him dead.

She also lost a kid back in the 1940's.

She survived World War Two on bread and rationing and she remembers to this day Allied bombing of Sofia and the region.

Meatpie, my father fought in WWII in the Philippine Islands. He was a marksman and was once a sole survivor of his group. He fought the Japanese. He fought for his country. Now, we have to feed and change him like an infant. You are lucky you can talk to your grandmother and do things with her. Father doesn't know me or say things that are coherent anymore. He just yells a lot.

I am sorry to hear, your dad was brave.

Back