Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
The Battle of Iwo Jima (February 19 – March 26, 1945) was a battle in which the United States fought for and captured Iwo Jima from Japan. The U.S. invasion was charged with the mission of capturing the three airfields on Iwo Jima. The battle produced some of the bloodiest and fiercest fighting in the Pacific Campaign of World War II.

Here are some dead Japs as well as other pics from the battle.

Thank you for this piece about so many KIA World War 2 soldiers, Pie.:bow:

Thank you for reminding us of the reality of the sometimes romanticized past. Iwo Jima was a horrific battle even by WW2 standards; one veteran war correspondent called it the worst battle he'd ever seen. One of my uncles by marriage fought at Iwo Jima as an 18 year old kid right out of high school, and survived the battle but spent the rest of his life on disability, permanently on the edge of mental breakdown because of his combat experience there. Iwo Jima definitely deserves to be remembered as it really was.

i wonder what history class would have been like if we had the media we have today back then, i mean imagine uncensored pics of soldiers naked and vulnerable from generations past

Back