metalmachine

Morgue Intrude
Staff member
Sinde Law, a draft Internet censorship

Sinde Law is not born of the will of the Spanish people, but it is a foreign imposition. The U.S. embassy has pressured our government to approve it, trampling our national sovereignty. They want a submissive and controllable Internet, that is useful to reassure the public, such as controlled. They do not want people to share information, do not want to know who really move threads. They want a slave network from which to sell their world view.
When the 'Law Sinde' go ahead, the websites that provide free download movies without permission will be prosecuted for closure. Also links to enable or facilitate gaming or music downloads without paying royalties

(Sorry my English)

I think it won't work - the people who maintain those websites can move the servers and avoid prosecution.

In Bulgaria torrent sharing is foribdden by law but everybody does it, all the websites relocated and are now open again.

Censorship simply doesn't work on the internet.

I see a more ominous trend though.

The whole internet is in the hands of a few people.

The internet has:

One search engine - google
One video sharing website - youtube
One shopping site - amazon
One payment processor - paypal
One social network - facebook
One encyclopedia - wikipedia

All American and very successful. That's scary because billions of people use the internet every day and seem to flock to the same websites which then use data to make money with targeted advertising.

This way our american friends get richer and richer while dudes in China, Iran and now Egypt are cut off.

The internet is a reflection of the real world.

:unreal:

Exactly. Now, if you will reflect to the inception of the web as we know it--in the beginning, (I know, be patient) it was a creation of DARPA--Defense Advanced Research Project Agency--for hardened military management systems; the first bytes were exchanged between UCLA (my alma mater!) & Stanford on 29 October 1969; from that point forward the genie was unleashed in that users are no longer limited to a simple one-line mainframe connection, but rather can communicate with any entity, anywhere! A mega-breakthrough that has changed the world as we know it. You must keep in mind that the original intention of the web was to be a failsafe backup for continuity of government/ (COG) military operations. I stress that because although there have since been developed massive parallel hardened web systems (subterranean optic fibre technology, for example) the general public views the web as an entertainment/commerce utility. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's like a diversion to keep the masses occupied while the military industrial complex does their thing. The web has since morphed into an all-encompassing artificial-intelligence driven entity that can execute military operations within miliseconds, anywhere, anytime. We are just temporarily riding on the back of that incredibly powerful, massive, (now self-aware!) network. The ultimate goal is of control. Total control. Think about where you would be if there were no web whatsoever. Can anyone still write? Use a typewriter? Navigate without electronics? 'Nuff said. When the elite controllers pull the plug there will be no warning. They have their own reasons, the latest examples being Egypt, Persia, etc., as has been discussed. I do see mushroom clouds in our future because "Skynet" (think 'Terminator' films) will execute launches as part of its strategy of total domination. We may actually be living in the twilight of "human awareness" in that we have already given so much control to machines that they may actually decide to do away with us as part of evolution--think creations destroy creator, etc. . . . I would prefer a 'Bladerunner' devolution rather than what is occurring, but . . . just enjoy the time & friendships you develop, because the machines never sleep; & don't lose sight of the forest for the trees. Yes, it's fun, but think about who and what is under the web . . . hugs for everyone!

just enjoy the time & friendships you develop, because the machines never sleep; & don't lose sight of the forest for the trees. Yes, it's fun, but think about who and what is under the web . . . hugs for everyone!

Loved the writeup, my friend ....very interesting....and loved the ending..have a hug on me...JV.:love forever:

Back