phyzzique

Forum Elite
Established Member
California man, 24, dies after going into cardiac arrest while having wisdom teeth pulled
Marek Lapinski, of Murrieta, began coughing during the March 21 procedure and was given propofol, according to medical records provided by the family. He went into cardiac arrest and later died at the hospital. An autopsy is pending.
It has been suggested that Marek Lapinski, 24, may have died of an overdose.
It was supposed to be no big deal when California man Marek Lapinski went to have his wisdom teeth pulled last month.
But the 24-year-old died after going into cardiac arrest during the routine procedure, and his family is questioning whether a lack of care led to his shocking death.
“Our lives are ruined,” Lapinski’s mom, April, told NBC 7 San Diego in an interview Tuesday. “We don’t have him, and he was the center of all of our lives.”
Lapinski, a vice president at a 3D technology company in San Diego, had “no health issues,” his mother said.
Medical records provided by Lapinski’s family reportedly reveal the Murrieta man began coughing during the March 21 surgery and was given propofol.
The powerful anesthetic is the same drug that Michael Jackson was given shortly before his death in 2009.
April Lapinski said her son went into cardiac arrest after he was injected with propofol.
He was taken to the hospital, where he died. An ambulance report indicated that a piece of gauze was also found in his airway.
A pulmonary doctor at the hospital indicated the young patient may have suffered an overdose, April Lapinski said.
The family is awaiting the results of an autopsy.
Lapinski's sister said it appears he was given at least six different sedatives, and, at one point, he may have been without oxygen for 10 minutes.

http://gma.yahoo.com/man-dies-wisdom-teeth-removed-201504759.html

Last edited:
An Unwise move , with hindsight of course.

He must have had a reaction to the pain killers.

Oooooooooooo, that sucks!! He was a hot one, too.

I still have my wisdom teeth. Think I'll keep them...

Back