Liveleak displays "abnormal traffic" message after James Foley Beheading Video

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Liveleak displays "abnormal traffic" message after James Foley Beheading Video

livBAJgV70.png

In a rare move LiveLeak have splashed a warning to users today that "pages may not display properly..."

Effectively the site is a white page or 502 Bad Gateway when you try to view James Foley beheading video.

There are probably getting thousands of searches per second for their powerful server to fail that bad.

white8d68Ur6.png

The video was freely available yesterday on youtube and twitter but today twitter have started suspending accounts of users who share links to James Foley beheading video or even dare post stills from the video.

This unprecedented censorship forced millions of people to turn to liveleak searching for the uncensored video overloading their server.

Meanwhile google have also issued a statement saying they won't censor links or images of Islamic State beheadings and killings because they were all "news worthy."

YouTube have also been very effective and quick in taking down the original HD video as posted by Islamic State jihadists.

Search Removed

liv_0028NgoQLq.jpg

CNN have posted on their website "We are not airing the video but it's available on liveleak" :facepalm:

Traffic to liveleak has been so heavy all day they removed their search option in an effort to reduce load.

liv_003OE9XeXc.png

The western governments probably removed it.. They probably have the IPs of everyone that has viewed or shared the video as well hence the threats to arrest people who watch and share it as shown on the News in my country.. If you have videos of this on your site you might wanna remove them...

I have watched it, although, seen worse. But if they want to arrest me, go a head. The American people have no idea that this goes on everyday? Our News? Robin Williams, given, a sad situation, but all over the news, or, Kim Kardashian's latest, who gives a fuck moment? American people are not bad, it's just what we are spoon feed for so long and don't ask for more?

LiveLeak is back to normal today, there is no ground for governments to censor reality websites, after all we are not supporting IS or promoting their ideology.

Back