2-dead.jpgIs this from a movie? The position of the soldier by the wheel is strange. Here again, my theory that St. Sebastian should greet dying soldiers and welcome them to "Happy hunting ground"- What? We were taught that that was the concept of heaven by American Indians. It would be interesting to know other cultures' comcept of the after life. Those who do not believe in a heaven/hell would have us as we were before our beginning. I marvel that I have life. What are the chances that a 1939 Cadillac could come out of nothing, all its parts function, and that it could reproduce itself?

243-08a.jpgDo guardian angels suffer when their charge is killed- especially a soldier killed in action. Originally, this photo was to be a beheading, back in the 1970's long before the popular craze. There must be a legion of soldiers in heaven with replacement heads, them having been blown off in battle. The guardian angel has blood on his boots/ The blood of his charge. Do you suppose when a man dies, his guardian angel appears to him? And introduces him to the angel of death? Are guardian angels ever thanked for their efforts?

One angel, valkyrie or spirit guide would be fine Ivan - don't want a crowd there to collect my spirit if I am slain - I doubt we need physical bodies after death, I feel we exist as a spirit and can whatever form we were most comfortable with, while the physical body is buried in the earth, to return to it. I would thank my guide and look for my slain comrades and family who have gone before.

a-soldier's-nightmare.jpga sacrificial lamb- these handsome, virile young men who answer their countries call. Any second now, he could become the newest star of this show. Just think, if you were mugged in an alley, that memory would last until your dying day, but the horrors of war come one after another to attack our soldier heroes. Pray the angel of death chooses ...

Back