Status
Not open for further replies.
546ccb2a45fe6.jpg

Snow covers a street at daybreak in South Buffalo, New York on Nov. 17, 2014, as officials seek help from a neighboring county in their efforts to clear roads and provide emergency services during the snowstorm that has buried sections of western New York in more than 5 feet of snow.

Funny, downtown Buffalo got no snow and I live just about 40 air miles away and we got no snow. BUT yes, it did cripple the southern suburbs.

KVe5GqC.jpg

February 24: A U.S. soldier salutes while jumping out of an aircraft in Germany.

NASA Releases New High-Res Earthrise Image

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter is orbiting the moon, and as such gets a particularly nice view of the glowing blue dot we call home.

Photo was taken on October 12, 2015.

Two owls share a leaf and take a nap during rainstorm in Idonesia

The rainy scene was captured by 36-year-old photographer, Tanto Yensen at a small park near his home in Jakarta, Indonesia.

'Monster cattle-eating alligator' is shot in Florida

mYMqKhO.jpg

A hunter in the US has told the BBC how he shot an 800lb (360kg) alligator that was feasting on his farm's cattle.

Professional hunter Lee Lightsey said the 15 ft (4.5m) beast was one of the biggest he had come across in 18 years and required a tractor to move it.

Mr Lightsey and hunting guide Blake Godwin discovered the alligator in cattle ponds while supervising a guided hunt on Saturday.

When the creature surfaced about 20ft (6m) away from them, they shot it.
"Although this animal is huge I was not that surprised it existed," Mr Lightsey said. "We have come across lots over the last 20 years that have been only a little smaller.

"But what really drew our attention to this animal was the fact that it seems to have been feasting on the cattle on my farm, because mutilated body parts were found in the water. It was a monster which needed to be removed."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35974648

Cruise ship sailing in the morning fog in Santorini, Greece

ZuZ2Gsg.jpg

One of the world's highest elevation public toilets is in Bulgaria at an apporx altitude of 700m.

There is a puiblic toilet in the cafe at the summit of Snowdon at 1085m (well, the cafe is just below that - say 1080m).

Irbil, Iraq

I
raqi model prepares sweet pastries in a shop in Irbil. As the offensive by Iraqi and Kurdish forces to drive ISIS out of Mosul continues and despite a recent Isis attack on nearby Kirkuk, life in Irbil, the de facto capital of Iraq’s northern Kurdish region, has carried on peacefully

Heavy snowfall in Zyryanka, Yakutia, Russia a few days ago

Natural Ice Balls in Yamal Peninsula, Russia

Tram derails during heavy snow in Moscow on November 7, 2016

Deep snow in Saint Petersburg, Russia

Photos taken November 8, 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back