Meatpie's Attic

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
In the attic I have a large table....and instead of a dead guy on it I have a whole fucking model railroad with fast-moving trains that sometimes keep you busy for hours. It's fun just watching them zip buy but when they go too fast the locomotive can derail and destroy the layout which gives me a headache.

It's one of my hobbies - I collect model trains since I was a kid.

Here is a pic from yesterday.

2267886S.jpg

Anyone else like model trains?

I used to like Lionel Trains when I was young. But, it seems like the hobbies get put aside as you get older because of the responsibilities that get dumped in your lap. So, stay young as long as you can.

I try to stay young yeah, time will ruin us all that's why I try to do the things I like - hobbies, sex, biking etc while I still can.

I have great respect for dudes with hobbies like Enty for example, he has put so much effort in his reenactment.

I used to like model trains as a child too but my parents wouldn't buy me any so I lost interest.

That's cool, can you post a pic of the whole thing?

It's quite big but I will try to take more snapshots soon.

I don't have any time for my hobby, only a few hours every week on Sundays.

:sm (41):

I used to like model trains as a child too but my parents wouldn't buy me any so I lost interest.

Ohh too bad and sad, my parents always bought me a new train for New years and birthdays and a big doll for my sister.

They also bought me cars but I didn't like them although they were big with remote control and other kids envied me.

I was very spoiled as a kid. Why didn't your parents bought you a train? No money or they thought you should get rid of "toys" ?

My dad bought me my first personal computer when I was 10. :eek:

I could only play games at first - no internet no nottin but then I took up that job in 2007 and started building websites, as you know I worked as an executive editor.

One lady called me from London and said "We like your work, would you like to join our company based in London?"

The stupid fuck I am, I said "No".

Why did I say no???

I was hopeful about the future, we were buying a new home I had a great job, a handsome loving boyfriend I had it all basically and I saw no need to move.

Now everything has fallen apart.

No good job, miserable income, no loving boyfriend and no new home.

:sm (41): :( How is this possible in just a few years?

What did your intuition told you, Meatpie? If you did went to London, it would've been you that got a cracked skull instead of some guy. Sorry that you're miserable now. I'm praying for everyone. Hopefully God shows us the bigger picture in this seemingly dull existence.

Tons of toy trains - 60 sets +. Mostly pre-war standard gauge tinplate, three rail O gauge and G gauge. Old Lionel, MTH, LGB, Aristo-Craft, Marx, Marklin, K-Line, JAD, ETS, 3rd Rail brass, Pride Lines, McCoy. 8 circus trains - love circus theme. Inside layout = 3 loops and K-Line Super Streets. Outside layout with 5 loops, yard, 17 bridges, lake and river. Member of 4 clubs. Been doing this a loooooong time. Obsessed.

thmpr

Hey dude, how old are you?

Any pics?

OMG, 56?
pass%20out.gif

My dad is 53!

Your set is beautiful, I love the green/yellow bridge.

Thank you for sharing.

Back