Debt collector and her driver shot to death in Caloocan City

AnonymousPH

Forum Elite
A woman named "Cora" and her driver were shot to death in Brgy. 175, Camarin, Caloocan City, Metro Manila, Philippines today, December 7, 2017.

What I only know so far is that the driver sustained a gunshot wound to the head, and the woman was said to be a debt collector, which is--for sure--the motive for the killings. There are no follow-up posts so far, but I expect that this case will break the news on television likely by tomorrow. I will keep this case updated.

Some person, who began the day just owing money, ended it being a murderer as well. That is the wrong direction, and the end of the line.

I have identified the woman as Corazon Torres Rubang, married with children. I only have an alive photo and a funeral photo, but doesn't show her dead face. This was her Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/corazon.rubang.7
22279859_119055298847270_5787312896516289777_n.jpg24862107_913213272179665_5434270448643855364_n.jpg

Meanwhile, the driver's name is Elmer (last name unknown yet as of now), a.k.a. "Komang" (lit. faulty-handed)

As promised, here are some more updates. Fortunately, the authorities shared the first 11 official crime scene photos of this post to a victim's relative, however she edited the latter two photos with a crying emoticon. The last two photos of this post are funeral photos, showing her dead face.

#JusticeForCoraAndElmer

Last edited:
Cora was 46 years old and has five children, while Elmer's last name is Escote, and was 22 years old. Unfortunately, I haven't found his Facebook account.

Also, I have a news video about this case:
Transcription:
Mon Gualvez (reporter): 22-year-old Elmer Escote and his accomplice known by the alias "Cora" were riding on a motorcycle when they were taken down on the road and died instantly. But when they went to Susano Road in Camarin North, Caloocan, they were riddled with bullets by the chasing rider.
Lyn Soleto (resident): A box was taken from a motorcycle. We don't know if she was a collector or what.
Allan Alanis (resident): Yes, they are really dead. They will not be revived. Someone was taken from a motorcycle. We are not sure what is inside, but there is a plastic inside.
Mon Gualvez (reporter): The motorcycle riders, who are responsible for the shooting, immediately fled. Aside from the absence of their plate number, the suspects were hooded and armed with .45 weapon. The authorities determined robbery as the motive. They are investigating the incident. Umaaksyon (Doing action), Mon Gualvez, News5.

More funeral photos

She was laid to rest on December 15, 2017.

Unfortunately, no funeral photos of the driver have ever been posted.

Last edited:
Back