Man accidentally kills himself after taking the pin out of a grenade in Russia

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator

A Russian man has died after posing for a picture with a hand grenade after taking the pin out.

Alexander 'Sasha' Chechik had sent an image to his friend showing himself holding the grenade moments before it detonated, killing him instantly.
Police say that he had sent several images to friends where he posed with the hand grenade and that this indicates that he had not intended to take his own life.

A graphic police picture shows the appalling carnage.
Moments earlier, one friend had messaged him: 'Where are you? Are you OK?'

He replied: 'Depends on what OK is in your understanding?'
He sent a picture of the grenade in his hand - with the pin removed.
The friend told him: 'Listen, don't do stupid things. Where are you?'

Police said they believe Mr Chechik expected the grenade would not explode as long as he didn't throw it.
As he had also sent pictures to other friends, police have categorised his death as an accident not suicide, according to reports.
The Russian Investigative Committee is probing the incident, said official Natalia Smyatskaya.

I was also under the impression that grenades don't explode until you release the handle (i.e. throw the grenade). I thought pulling the pin was just the preparatory step, not the detonating step. Still, this kid had to have been some kind of dumb to treat a grenade as an amusing prop for selfies.

badjohnny25, you are being much too generous to suggest that this man's death had anything to do with bad luck. I think he was already terminally dim-witted when he got out of bed that morning.

badjohnny25, you are being much too generous to suggest that this man's death had anything to do with bad luck. I think he was already terminally dim-witted when he got out of bed that morning.

In the United States, we have a name for people who are as stupid as he was: "Trump supporter."

:retard:

Back