"JUST GOT ME some gooks!"

ArrowMan

Forum Elite
Elite Member

"JUST GOT ME some gooks !"
U S Army infantryman
VietNam War

I'm inclined to believe the enemy would do the same to us if we didn't do it to them first. The Golden Rule is a luxury few can afford to follow.

What a waste of lives

For the corpes in that photo, yes. They were likely shot in battle, and died quickly and trivially.

But many vc were fortunate to have much more exciting, fascinating, and remarkable experiences. The success of the vietnam war was measured in terms of body count. More corpes = more success. and nobody cared how they died. So torture was fine. In fact, people were even well-trained to use it for interrogation. I've seen videos of vc being tortured with crank-operated "field telephones" used as shock generators. when the crank was turned, the vc would flop around like a puppet with some broken strings. This wasn't some amatuer role play with clothpins and candlewax. This was vc getting the most exhilerating, incredible, mind-blowing experience ever. This was much more amazing for them than even the best sex. It was the most spectacular brain-exploding thrill-ride to hell. It wasn't a "waste of lives". It's a great use of lives.

Back