LAS VEGAS SHOOTING: BREAKING NEW DEVELOPMENTS

Looking at Queen Elizabeth always brings a smile to my face, for one reason or another. I just read an article about Prince Charles in Vanity Fair, and it painted Charles as a poor soul who's had a tough life (ignored by his cold and absent parents, bullied brutally at boarding school, etc.) Maybe so, but I can't work up much sympathy for a man with his wealth and power. He just needs to buy some happiness.

Looking at Queen Elizabeth always brings a smile to my face, for one reason or another. I just read an article about Prince Charles in Vanity Fair, and it painted Charles as a poor soul who's had a tough life (ignored by his cold and absent parents, bullied brutally at boarding school, etc.) Maybe so, but I can't work up much sympathy for a man with his wealth and power. He just needs to buy some happiness.

Same here, Alex !!

Queen Elizabeth II
... RAWKS !!

Get this:

Her Majesty the Queen
is the
LONGEST REIGNING MONARCH
in ALL of British history !!

She has been on The Throne
since 1952
... for 65 years !!

The Queen
is legendary,
having been a Princess way back
when Winston Churchill served
as Prime Minister of Great Britain in WW2.

She is one marvelous Grand Lady
and one TOUGH COOKIE.

The Queen
continues to work every day
from Her desk,
holds Her Privy Council
(short meetings as ALL are required
to stand, lol) ....
maintains an active schedule
and visits Her people
at the Grand Age of

ALL OTHERS
in the
Royal Household
pale in comparison to Her
with the exception of one:

His Royal Highness,
the Prince of Wales

~~ Prince Harry ~~

He has the same charm and spunk both
his revered mother had
(Princess Diana)
and that his Grandmother has
... and is quite dashing.

Now
The Earl of Chester,
Duke of Cornwall,
Duke of Rothesay,
Earl of Carrick,
Baron of Renfrew,
Lord of the Isles
and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland

Prince Charles

pales in comparison to ALL of them
.... I don't believe he wishes to be King
and most likely will cede the Throne
upon
The Queen's
tragic passing to the Duke of Cambridge,
Prince William

Of course and always still
~~ GOD SAVE the QUEEN ~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.royal.uk/queen-and-government

Last edited:
YAY -- thank you, ArrowMan, for that colorful and exciting ROYAL REVIEW! It brought another, extra big, smile to my face (the Queen looks so good in red). I'm glad you included Prince Harry, because I am president of his fan club. I am no more thrilled by the prospect of King William and his Kate than I am by King Charles and his (saints preserve us) Camilla. If only Elizabeth were a robot...she could reign forever.

Of God No! Not a robot

Fountain of Eternal Life

Hail hail Queenie! Hail hail Britannia. May the crows remain at the Tower of London.

Unless tyrants emerge... you know the rest

But then they already clipped the wings of those things

Whybother, even though I can't quite understand what you say, I can tell from the cadence and content of your prose that you know what you're talking about. I'll bet you are some sort of professor in Ecuador.

Whybother, even though I can't quite understand what you say, I can tell from the cadence and content of your prose that you know what you're talking about. I'll bet you are some sort of professor in Ecuador.

Alex,

I think WhyBother does not approve of the British Royal Family, and is pleased that their wings "have been clipped" to make them mostly figureheads vs regal control over the government of the United Kingdom.

However, not totally the case .... The Queen has much influence over what happens behind the scenes, she is very powerful. Here in the USA we say "The White House" seeks this or that .....

In the United Kingdom, it is said "The Palace" seeks this or that. The Queen is a figurehead, yes, but a very powerful one though I wish she would do more to address the scourge of radical Islam extremists streaming into the UK and restrict them from coming in and creating run-down and terrorist havens in major cities such as London.

After all, the civilized and elegant British way of life is at stake as is all of Western Civilization by these vicious cut-throat barbarians !

Last edited:
OK I am confused. I have read this several times and I am missing something How did the Queen of England get involved with the Las Vegas Shooting?

OK I am confused. I have read this several times and I am missing something How did the Queen of England get involved with the Las Vegas Shooting?

The conversation turned to finding trusted media outlets to report what is really happening in the world and then onto rumors about The Queen and succession to the throne.

You are correct to point up this thread is about the Las Vegas shooting, and any discussion of anything else should be done under separate threads.

Oops, sorry about that. I am the guilty party, and this isn't the first time I've unintentionally hijacked a thread. I forget where I am and start talking about extraneous matters. ArrowMan has been kind enough not to scream at me (thank you), and I promise not to let this happen EVER AGAIN.

Oops, sorry about that. I am the guilty party, and this isn't the first time I've unintentionally hijacked a thread. I forget where I am and start talking about extraneous matters. ArrowMan has been kind enough not to scream at me (thank you), and I promise not to let this happen EVER AGAIN.

:gentleman::gentleman::gentleman:

Alex,

I think WhyBother does not approve of the British Royal Family, and is pleased that their wings "have been clipped" to make them mostly figureheads vs regal control over the government of the United Kingdom.

However, not totally the case .... The Queen has much influence over what happens behind the scenes, she is very powerful. Here in the USA we say "The White House" seeks this or that .....

In the United Kingdom, it is said "The Palace" seeks this or that. The Queen is a figurehead, yes, but a very powerful one though I wish she would do more to address the scourge of radical Islam extremists streaming into the UK and restrict them from coming in and creating run-down and terrorist havens in major cities such as London.

After all, the civilized and elegant British way of life is at stake as is all of Western Civilization by these vicious cut-throat barbarians !

The Queen of England is a cool cousin. No issue with Her.

Alex,

No, surely it is the wings of the crows at the Tower of London that have been clipped. Actually they are ravens, and "The Ravens of the Tower of London are a group of at least six captive ravens which live at the Tower of London.[2] Their presence is traditionally believed to protect the Crown and the tower; a superstition holds that "if the Tower of London ravens are lost or fly away, the Crown will fall and Britain with it".[3][4][5]
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravens_of_the_Tower_of_London )

Back