Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by alexonedeath View Post
    Oops, sorry about that. I am the guilty party, and this isn't the first time I've unintentionally hijacked a thread. I forget where I am and start talking about extraneous matters. ArrowMan has been kind enough not to scream at me (thank you), and I promise not to let this happen EVER AGAIN.

----ArrowMan-------->>

Esta la Tierra Linda... Whybother's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowMan View Post
    Alex,

I think WhyBother does not approve of the British Royal Family, and is pleased that their wings "have been clipped" to make them mostly figureheads vs regal control over the government of the United Kingdom.

However, not totally the case .... The Queen has much influence over what happens behind the scenes, she is very powerful. Here in the USA we say "The White House" seeks this or that .....

In the United Kingdom, it is said "The Palace" seeks this or that. The Queen is a figurehead, yes, but a very powerful one though I wish she would do more to address the scourge of radical Islam extremists streaming into the UK and restrict them from coming in and creating run-down and terrorist havens in major cities such as London.

After all, the civilized and elegant British way of life is at stake as is all of Western Civilization by these vicious cut-throat barbarians !

The Queen of England is a cool cousin. No issue with Her.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowMan View Post
    Alex,

I think WhyBother does not approve of the British Royal Family, and is pleased that their wings "have been clipped" to make them mostly figureheads vs regal control over the government of the United Kingdom.

However, not totally the case .... The Queen has much influence over what happens behind the scenes, she is very powerful. Here in the USA we say "The White House" seeks this or that .....

In the United Kingdom, it is said "The Palace" seeks this or that. The Queen is a figurehead, yes, but a very powerful one though I wish she would do more to address the scourge of radical Islam extremists streaming into the UK and restrict them from coming in and creating run-down and terrorist havens in major cities such as London.

After all, the civilized and elegant British way of life is at stake as is all of Western Civilization by these vicious cut-throat barbarians !

No, surely it is the wings of the crows at the Tower of London that have been clipped. Actually they are ravens, and "The Ravens of the Tower of London are a group of at least six captive ravens which live at the Tower of London.[2] Their presence is traditionally believed to protect the Crown and the tower; a superstition holds that "if the Tower of London ravens are lost or fly away, the Crown will fall and Britain with it".[3][4][5]
    ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravens...ower_of_London )
    If you're kissing Death make sure you've got a blue protruding tongue.
    I didnt know about the role of urine in the preparation of cloth...Oh fuck, Ive spent three days reading about lichens!

Thread Information