Russian Boy Killed by Rockfall while on Vacation

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator

11-year-old boy called Cyril from Krasnodar Krai was taking a hike with his mother and another female friend on a rocky mountain near the village of Kepsha, in Krasnodar Krai, Russian Federation.

At one point pieces of rock started to slide down the mountain side and Kiril was hit multiple times including in the head.

His skull was burst open and his body was found mangled further down in the rock slide.

Dang, must have been horrible for the mom to see her son fall and die like that :/

Yes, more information became available a while ago. His mom saw everything. She said after the accident more tourists came to visit the same spot and she warned them that the place is dangerous but they didn't listen.

Here is alive pic of the boy.

I know people can't live their entire lives locked up inside. Not only would that be no guarantee of safety (objects fall out of the sky now and then and crush buildings), but there would be little point to life. Still, a hike in the mountains is just tempting fate. Best to stay in your own backyard and keep your eyes and ears open for danger.

My worst fear as a kid living in the US Appalachian region was having a rock slide knock our car over the edge and down the side of the mountain. With the horrifyingly contorted arrangment of his body, I hope he died quickly, at least.

Your fear was not a childish one, Humphero. Your parents should probably have been MORE worried about the possibility than they were. You must have suffered a great deal of unhappy car time.

Back