29-year-old commits suicide with helium bottle

In the U.S., it's no longer as easy as it used to be to get your hands on a tank of helium. The authorities, in their misguided wisdom, are trying to protect the citizens from themselves, but all they're doing is driving people in need of a humane exit to jump off a roof or under a train or blow their brains out, etc. It doesn't make sense to me. If people want to die, let them do it peacefully and cleanly.

Exactly. Helium isn't toxic at all, but if you breathe anything that doesn't contain fairly near the 20% oxygen that normal air contains, you will die from asphyxia.

In the U.S., it's no longer as easy as it used to be to get your hands on a tank of helium. The authorities, in their misguided wisdom, are trying to protect the citizens from themselves, but all they're doing is driving people in need of a humane exit to jump off a roof or under a train or blow their brains out, etc. It doesn't make sense to me. If people want to die, let them do it peacefully and cleanly.

Actually I'm not sure this was so clean. If you look closely he's got a hard-on up the right side of his jeans (his right not ours), and there seems to be a dampness down the inner left leg which might be either piss or shit.

Actually this is the ideal way to exit this earth. After a first deep breath of pure helium one might breathe two or three more times before unconsciousness, and be totally dead within about 15 minutes thereafter. Very quick and painless; comfortable and trauma free. The corpse is not disfigured, and the head is covered so the person who discovers the body will not be shocked by viewing the dead face. And there is no messy cleanup, as in gunshots. And if a hard-on occurs that's great - a little last pleasure while dying.....

I don't think an ordinary citizen can any longer rent a tank of helium at the party supply store. You used to be able to, for filling balloons, but no longer. Some bitch must have made a stink, claiming people were dropping dead right and left from helium suicide, so now the gas is STRICTLY REGULATED (like cyanide)...haha. It's absurd.

Back