Acrobat dies after plunging 100ft in Spain

metalmachine

Morgue Intrude
Staff member
An acrobat who plunged 100ft to his death in front of a 45,000-strong crowd at a Spanish music festival, was killed on the night that his partner had come to watched him perform live for the first time, it emerged on Saturday.

Fans watched in horror as Pedro Aunion Monroy, 42, fell to his death from a cube which had been hoisted above the stage as part of a tribute to Prince at the Mad Cool Festival in Madrid.

Just prior to his death Mr Monroy had posted a drawing of himself and his partner, Michael Sells, on Facebook, with the message: "I can't wait to see my beautiful boyfriend. Love, come to my arms!!!!!"

Mr Monroy, who lives and works in Brighton, fell from the box shortly before midnight on Friday night as fans waited for Green Day to come on stage to headline the festival.

Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/pedro.aunion

VIDEO:​

My sympathy for this acrobat and his loved ones is tempered by frustration with him for having chosen to be hoisted ten stories high in a cube. When people insist on being daredevils, the devil sometimes takes them. The accident probably wasn't good for Green Day either.

An acrobat who plunged 100ft to his death in front of a 45,000-strong crowd at a Spanish music festival, was killed on the night that his partner had come to watched him perform live for the first time, it emerged on Saturday.
:stroke::load::load::load: Another tragic beauty, taken too soon.

Back