Forum Inhabitant

Necro and Psychiatric Disorders

Out of sheer curiosity, how many of us who are into necro have been diagnosed with a mental condition such as anxiety, chronic depression or bipolar disorder?

I have never been diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder. I am a bit moody and I am a little prone to obsessive thinking but nothing that causes extreme amounts of stress.

How about you guys?

No diagnosis ever, but if I had my childhood now I'd probably be diagnosed with Asperger's - I was classic 'little professor'. As an adult I can still see an Aspergerish streak in myself, but it would have to be quite a broad definition to put me clearly within it - maybe I'm about on the borderline where Asperger's grades into 'normal'?
    If you're kissing Death make sure you've got a blue protruding tongue.
    “I didn’t know about the role of urine in the preparation of cloth...Oh fuck, I’ve spent three days reading about lichens!’”

Autism has become a very popular diagnosis, and I believe Asperger's has now officially been folded into that spectrum. So, deaddirty, rather than Asperger's, you will probably be diagnosed with autism.
    "...while you can prohibit the use of racial slurs through rules and norms, no administration or law can force someone to befriend you, or to love you, or to see you as a person who matters, or to notice you at all." Wesley Young, We Out Here

That's a complex question Alex - definitions keep changing and are controversial. Yes Asperger's is widely regarded as part of the 'autistic spectrum', but when people talk about 'autism' they tend to mean what used to be called 'Kanner's Syndrome' - the much more severe form. And increasingly people are thinking of Asperger's, and maybe the whole of the autistic spectrum, as part of a wider spectrum of 'neurodiversity' that also includes conditions such as dyslexia.
    For anyone interested in this (and I suspect a lot of us are a bit Aspergerish, whether or not we realise it), this is a very interesting book:
    http://stevesilberman.com/book/neurotribes/
    Or for a good review which brings out some of the main points, plus gives a link to buy it at a good price:
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...w-saskia-baron
    If you're kissing Death make sure you've got a blue protruding tongue.
    “I didn’t know about the role of urine in the preparation of cloth...Oh fuck, I’ve spent three days reading about lichens!’”

Human beings have a unique biological mission: reproduction. And this is done through sexual attraction. Being alive or dead the appearance remains. AND END!

Thread Information