Jumps and dies

deaddirty

Forum Elite
I'm not sure why he died since it wasn't that great a height, onto soft surface, and he landed on his feet - broken neck? But die he did - or does, on-vid.

I agree he probably broke his spine or neck upon impact although the ground was soft.

I think it would have to be his neck to kill him that instantly - he's not just paralysed, he's gone.

It is certainly an unexpected conclusion to what looked like a harmless jump. No doubt everyone involved was duly surprised. I'll bet whichever kid was next in line to make that leap changed his mind.

He didn't die. He landed on his feet on what looks like a soft landing. They are all trying not to laugh. Cute guy though.

I am eager to hear what deaddirty has to say in response to your claim that the kid didn't die. DD seemed so certain the jumper died.

Do you have any evidence for that? I agree it's very unexpected, but I looked at it very carefully twice for just that reason and it looks very convincing to me.

Evidence is that it wasn't high enough for him to break anything and he had a soft landing.

Sometimes it's impossible to tell - different people who all know enough to have a worthwhile opinion come to different conclusions, and there's really no way of knowing which is right. I have neck problem, and if I did that jump I'm not at all sure I'd survive. But actually that is a pretty major impact passing up through his body, same range I'd guess as a long-drop hanging. So if it caught his neck at a bad angle or he had any weakness there, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he died. And that's rather the way it looks to me - he seems ok for a moment until the shockwave reached his neck, then suddenly ...

...then suddenly he begins to smile after his friends check whether he is alive. :very very bored:

That would tend to point against. I will view again, but not tonight.

Don't waste your time with this stupid video anymore it's not worth it.

Back