Murder of Roscosmos Offical Vladimir Yevdokimov in Moscow

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
ufivc8I.jpg

Russian authorities are still investigating the murder of a senior space official in a Moscow prison cell in March as recent photos emerged that clearly show he died from a deep stab wound to the throat.

Vladimir Yevdokimov, a 55-year-old executive director at the Russian state space agency, died while in detention on fraud charges over his previous role at the MiG aircraft company, which makes fighter jets.

Yevdokimov was detained in December over a 200m ruble ($3.5m at the current exchange rate) embezzlement case dating back to 2007. He insisted he was not guilty.

The case has shocked Russians due to Yevdokimov’s high-profile role and the strange circumstances of his death, with speculation that it could have been a premeditated killing.

Since 2015 Yevdokimov had been in charge of quality control at Roscosmos, which runs Russia’s space programme.

Yevdokimov was found by guards in the cell’s toilet.

He had been transferred a month earlier to a cell with 11 other inmates and no security cameras.

I don't understand what is implied by the suggestion that this "...could have been a premeditated killing." I suppose if Vladimir was stabbed by a cellmate while fighting over who got to use the toilet first, that would be considered a crime of passion. Is calling the murder premeditated another way of saying Putin ordered the execution?

Back