Talented art student stabbed to death in East London just days before Christmas

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
article-1237531-07AC620A000005DC-163_233x355.jpg

A talented art student was stabbed to death on a basketball court after a row erupted on Facebook, it was claimed today.

The 18-year-old victim, named locally as Salum Kombo, staggered 400 yards before collapsing in a pool of blood after he was attacked near to his family home in East London.

Friends today claimed that the attack was triggered by an argument on Facebook.

One friend, who did not want to be named, said: 'an argument on Facebook is what triggered it all off, although I am not sure exactly what the argument was about.'

The friend said Salum had arrived in the UK from Tanzania around seven years ago and had been a student at Tower Hamlets College studying art.

They added: 'He was a really good artist'.

Another friend said that they had heard that the attacker had 'put his arm around Salum then just stabbed him'.

It is thought Salum had been living with an aunt in a flat only yards from where he bled to death on the pavement in Devons Road near Bromley-by-Bow.

A devastated female relative at his family home said today: 'we are too upset to comment - this has only just happened.'

A 16-year-old boy who was arrested over the attack is being quizzed by detectives.

Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: 'Initial inquiries have established that the victim was stabbed on a basketball court just off Chiltern Road.'
'He managed to stagger around 400 yards to Devons Road where he was found.'

article-1237531-07AC8530000005DC-657_468x286.jpg

Crime scene: Salum staggered 400 yards before collapsing in a pool of blood after he was attacked near to his family home in East London.

Is there any peter douherty fans here?, or Amy Winehouse? Well, when I hear anything about London, I think of Amy, and the libertines.Dude was cut down in his prime? Sad...........

Back