2017 Oroville Dam Disaster

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
tLD7o0u.jpg

The 2017 Oroville Dam disaster is a major and ongoing threat to lives and property in Northern California. At 770 feet (235 m), Oroville Dam is the tallest dam in the United States. Located in Butte County about 70 miles (110 km) north of Sacramento, the dam impounds Lake Oroville, and controls the flow of the Feather River. Storms in early February 2017 caused heavy damage to the dam's spillway, hindering the safe release of floodwater and threatening the structural integrity of the spillway. Due to the flood threat, more than 180,000 people living along the Feather River have been evacuated.

i hope the dam breaks and all the mother fuckers drown!!! Muwahhhahahahah:hard lol:

And they'd seriously overload the Drowning Collection.

How does a dam that monumental get fucked up? Its construction was surely overseen by countless professionals. Was it that no one bothered to maintain it afterwards? Did some genius decide the dam was indestructible, like the Titantic was unsinkable? I swear, everything in life is a disaster waiting to happen.

"And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQ3-Xe_suY

Actually a pretty good place to be at the moment - the thickness should be an adequate radiation shield if the Last Trump goes off.
See you there Alexonedeath - on the equator, centre of Dark Side, third crater from the left.

HAHA...I will meet you at the location specified, deaddirty, but we will not be there as a result of anything President Trump has done. He is making America great again, and, when that task is completed, he will make the Moon great again. If you're interested, he'd be happy to make the UK great again too!

HAHA...I will meet you at the location specified, deaddirty, but we will not be there as a result of anything President Trump has done. He is making America great again, and, when that task is completed, he will make the Moon great again. If you're interested, he'd be happy to make the UK great again too!

Thanks, but I think we will pass on your last kind offer. As I think will Sweden on The Donald's weekend offering:
"Mr President, why have we just nuked Syracuse!?"
"Because that's where that goddamned terrorist came from"
"But Mr President I said Syria not Syracuse!"
Hmm - if any guys on here come from Syracuse be afraid, be very afraid.
But if we can have you and Harry as co-kings of the Moon, then we're on. Maybe you can rule the Dark Side and Harry can rule the Light Side, and you can spend the nights together on the Terminator - I think that's the correct term for the dividing line between day and night on a planet?

YES, YES, YES -- we can forget about stupid Donald. I WANT HARRY! I wish that octoroon woman would leave him alone. She's too old. Taking Harry to the moon (WITHOUT HER) would solve that problem. So...kindly ready a room for Harry and me at the Terminator.

Your wish is my command your co-Majesty, or should that be 'Your Royal Highness King Alexonedeath of the Dark Side, king-Consort of the Moon' - you see we know how to do these things properly over here.

But it occurs to me - if Harry is to be king of the Bright Side (now that IS appropriate - shades of life of Brian), then he not you will be the Man in the Moon for us. So can you persuade him to shave his beard off please, otherwise with that fungus on the moonlight down here will be a bit faint?

Are you referring to the Python movie, Life of Brian? I think I saw it, but that was SO long ago I no longer have a clue what your parenthetical remark means. I will be glad to encourage the Prince to get rid of his facial hair. I don't like it either. However, do not even THINK of requesting that he shave off his ginger bush. Those curlies stay, and they happen to be located on the obverse of Harry's own moon, which, if I have anything to say about it, will be out and shining nightly.

Are you referring to the Python movie, Life of Brian? I think I saw it, but that was SO long ago I no longer have a clue what your parenthetical remark means.

"Always look on the bright side of Death ....", sung at the Crucifixion (of Brian of course, how could you possibly think that referred to JC in any way?).
But actually of course that was MY crucifixion so I fully approve - Monty Python are hereby invited to join you, me and Hazza on the Moon.
For do not forget, Alex, that though I do not incarnate very often these days (it's such a show-off thing to do and i'm not like that), I am still Henry the Dyslexic Son of God, who misspelled his name as INRI on the Cross and acquired the nickname by which he - I - is better known when the centurion took one look and said "Aaww Jesus, someone teach that kid how to spell before we crucify him".
So I am afraid I shall pull rank on you on the Moon, though I assure you that I will not exercise 'droit de seigneur' over Harry's curlies and full-moon (which I am sure you will eclipse nightly and most enjoyably.

HAHA...you crack me up, deaddirty. You have also reminded me of an alternate crucifixion-related translation that always makes me smile: INRI = I Nailed Right In

Ouch! I never could abide pain. Not My pain that is - someone else's pain can be an entirely different matter if they have rubbed Me up the wrong way, and believe (in) Me I have My ways.
:happy banana:
No, it was my stupid spelling that was to blame (if You demand that everyone else should confess You should also confess Yourself, that's what I always say). After all, specific learning disability awareness was not good in those days (and thank God, um Me, for spellchecker on that one). And remember the only wordprocessor available then was Chisel - and that wasn't even software it was hardware! If you've ever had to do edits in Chisel you'll know what I mean, it could take a whole day to correct one letter. That's why the centurion let Me off - he realised he'd have to put the Crucifixion off till Tuesday and that would blow everything. And he'd got a really good restaurant booking at The Morgue for Sunday lunch - he wasn't going to miss that just to stand guard over Me correcting My name on the Cross.

They were warned for years about maintenance but Gov Moonbeam would rather spend millions for sanctuary city legal defense than infrastructure. No investment in added catchment or deepening existing reservoirs so the extra rainwater from recent storms will dry up leaving California worse off than before with added millions of people but no water to hydrate them AND no crops to feed them.

Colorado will not give away their water forever as they are taking in illegals too. Without water, no rice, no lettuce, no tomatoes, no chicken, beef or pork let alone milk.

Back