Restricted Access after DoS Attack

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all,

Our website has been under a relentless DoS attack last couple of weeks there is too much hate for our community and our enemies have been trying to take us down for months. Spambots are also trying to penetrate our firewall every minute.

Thanks to all members who continue to help in our fight against spambots by reporting suspicious activity.

To prevent damage to our database we now let only registered users browse the forums but further restrictions may apply if the attack persists.

:unreal:

Yes. Saw that 2 days ago... Nearly got a heart attack when forum was down for hours.

my God!
Cutedeadguys the best website on the net, I can not imagine living without it I breathe cutedeadguys. thanks for existing

I too encountered the DoS the other night. I figured it was a problem with my computer, but it was the real deal this time.

Attackers are Russian organization who decided to fight ISIS propaganda online and we became a target because of our extensive coverage on ISIS and we post lots of uncensored execution videos but that doesn't mean we support ISIS.

The attack is unrelentless on multiple fronts including spambots who try to set up accounts.

We may even stop accepting new members for a while.

Yes, do what it takes.
I've had my own computer problems - still only part sorted so I'm a bit intermittent for time being.

Page load times have improved somewhat but still lots of blank pages and database error messages. We apologize to all members we are currently under a persistant and very severe DoS attack.

Yes, the slow page load times have been noticeable of late, and I'm glad to find out it's not just my computer. Meatpie, I would say CDG has remained remarkably stable for being under such a continuous and forceful attack. A lesser site might have gone under already.

They are still trying to bring us down and the server is badly affected by this prolonged attack not sure how much longer we can remain stable.

What is being done to CDG must be (or should be) illegal, but I believe the Internet is still, after all these years, the lawless Wild West. People do what they want, and often get away with it.

Hello,

Yes, we sometimes restrict access which helps mitigate a persistant DDoS attack.

Carry on the good work in keeping these idiots from disrupting service. There are many things I disagree with but I respect the right to free speech. These guys may disagree what this site stands for, fair enough, but the challenge should be by reasoned argument, not seeking to take the site down.

Back