Stabbed in the chest

deaddirty

Forum Elite
Perfectly positioned clean stab-wound - dead centre of chest, perfectly placed in tattoo. That took skill!

Blade wounds of any sort give me the willies. It is difficult for me to appreciate a skillfully placed stab, because all I can think about is the pain it generated. I reject any suggestion that the victim might have "died instantly". That's just what the authorities tell his Mom for her peace of mind. Believe me...IT HURT LIKE A SON OF A BITCH! Furthermore, the murderer was an Indian-Giver, for taking his knife back after he'd delivered it. Don't be so cheap.

Actually stab wounds to the chest aren't always painful - sometimes the guy jst feels a blow, runs off, ad doesn't know he's been stabbed until he collapses from loss of blood a minute or so later. And I think they can be more-or-less instant. If you've got to go that's priobably one of the least bad ways of going. If it's in the stomach, or chest but lungs rather than piercing the heart of the massive blood vessels, that's different - not nice at all.

Well, I am amazed to hear all that, deaddirty. Who would've thought a stab to the heart could be a fast and painless death? I still prefer a bullet, if I'm permitted the choice.

Well, I am amazed to hear all that, deaddirty. Who would've thought a stab to the heart could be a fast and painless death? I still prefer a bullet, if I'm permitted the choice.

I'd expect a bullet to cause much more pain than a blade. A bullet generates a blunt shock wave that tears up tissues around its path, causing much more damage than the mere hole and path it travels. A blade makes a clean cut.

Yes, PC, but it's those clean-cuts that hurt so dreadfully. A blade in the chest would be a paper cut (ouch!) magnified a thousand times (ouchx1000!). I don't doubt your facts, but I'd still opt for the shock wave punch of a bullet. You may shoot me now.

Back