Very Handsome Hanging Dude

you gotta wonder what actually happened here. I bet watching this in person would have been awesome.

I'd guess murder. People have been known to slit their own throats, but I can't see why a suicide would need to hang himself at the same time. This looks like he was strung up and bled like a heifer in a meat processing plant.

The blood does make a mess but at least he did it in a tiled area that can be hosed down easily.

you gotta wonder what actually happened here. I bet watching this in person would have been awesome.
Yeah, I agree with all of the above. But first, let's stipulate that this dude is exceptionally good-looking and a very nice specimen with a sweet body and sexy legs. Now, down to forensics, he has a huge hole by his right clavicle where all that blood is flowing. Looks to me like a knife wound, could be bullet wound. Either way, I don't see a weapon close by. Looks to me like he was mortally wounded, but his killer(s) wanted to finish him off in style and maybe send a message. They hanged him while he was still alive, otherwise his body would have been limp. His left arm is outstretched and rigored suggesting he was trying help himself

Yeah, I agree with all of the above. But first, let's stipulate that this dude is exceptionally good-looking and a very nice specimen with a sweet body and sexy legs. Now, down to forensics, he has a huge hole by his right clavicle where all that blood is flowing. Looks to me like a knife wound, could be bullet wound. Either way, I don't see a weapon close by. Looks to me like he was mortally wounded, but his killer(s) wanted to finish him off in style and maybe send a message. They hanged him while he was still alive, otherwise his body would have been limp. His left arm is outstretched and rigored suggesting he was trying help himself

Is his left arm rigored or simply caught and supported by the edge of the sink while thrashing?

Agree. Regular hanging is much cleaner as it only involves a broken neck.

Suicide hanging rarely breaks the neck - death by strangulation is far more common. if th noose closes the veins but not the arteries, blood builds up in the head and can cause a nosebleed during hanging. but this blood seems to be coming from where the noose is - maybe it cut into the neck? Seems odd to slit the throat as well as hang the guy while he's still alive, I'm inclined to think suicide.
Hot anyway - thanks phyzz!

Suicide hanging rarely breaks the neck - death by strangulation is far more common. if the noose closes the veins but not the arteries, blood builds up in the head and can cause a nosebleed during hanging...
Do you remember seeing the video from years ago where a young man hanged himself in front of his webcam? It seems to me it was in an apartment in Europe, and I remember the guy was wearing a tee-shirt that said Do It or Just Do It. Anyway, after he'd been hanging for a few minutes his face turned horribly dark. It happened not long after he'd begun to hang so it had nothing to do with putrefaction. So, what is the cause of THAT?

I know when I strangle my choke buddies and I strangle him with a belt or a silk necktie that their faces tend to turn shades from pink to red, blue to purple as a slowly strangle. The veins in their necks and four head begin to pulsate and bulge.

Do you remember seeing the video from years ago where a young man hanged himself in front of his webcam? It seems to me it was in an apartment in Europe, and I remember the guy was wearing a tee-shirt that said Do It or Just Do It. Anyway, after he'd been hanging for a few minutes his face turned horribly dark. It happened not long after he'd begun to hang so it had nothing to do with putrefaction. So, what is the cause of THAT?

I would guess the pooled blood turning dark and blue as it runs out of oxygen.

Back