15 hours non stop driving

Deathproof

Forum Veteran
Well I did stop for x 2 pickups in Kentucky one drop off in Southern Tennessee one drop off in Northern Alabama all the freight had to be tarped I have 20 minutes left on my electronic logbook and I'm one hour from home but I don't give a f*** I'm not stopping my stomach is burning probably from the two caffeine pills I took and also 5 cups of coffee but I made $300 today and that's what I wanted I figure not bad for a guy who never finished high school

i must give you credit,
i could NEVER drive for 15 hours! holy shit, you must be sore all over.
i hope you at least stopped to get a bite to eat ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
you should schedule a body massage for $60 at a massage clinic,
caffeine pills, damn man, i bet your gut is on fire, wouldnt work well
with my gut.

Those 357 magnums they sell @ truck stop there 200 mg caffine.I know there bad 4 me but so is falling asleep behind wheel.They have lots jap massage parlors here with happy ending.

Don't you guys have maximum driving hours and tachographs to enforce compliance. Years ago I used to advise on the Road Traffic Acts as part of my job as well as defend and mitigate the odd violations. The regulations were a nightmare but at least they cut down the number of deaths caused by tired drivers

Yes I have electronic log book in truck.
Were allowed drive 11 hours b on duty 14.However have take 1/2 hour brake at least after 8 hours.So when I log on truck it just gives me 8 won't give me other 3 till take break and it knows if trucks moving.I ran out time last night but kept driving I was bad.
I wasn't going stop hour from home..
Those caffine pills made my stomach burn.That computer system moniters everything if I brake hard it sends critical event report to office.Moniters everything motors doing.

Mate. It looks as though your surveillance is far worse than ours although from memory it is required to take a break every four or so hours and the maximum per day is about nine hours. But it's a while since I advised on the subject and it may well be that things have altered. But I'm surprised that you continued driving after the maximum hours. Presumably that makes you liable to legal action and could lead to a sanction up to, but not necessarily, suspension or cancellation of your heavy goods licence, or equivalent. Or disciplinary action by your employer. Or perhaps he doesn't care. Snag is if there is an accident in the future, heaven forbid, he will want to show how effective his monitoring and staff management systems are.
Hope you get away with it though but only because it's you. Had I been wearing my former hat I would have been advising on appropriate sanctions. Strange how perspective can alter over the years

Not something I do often
They put me in bad position wasn't a sleeper truck so they should gave me credit card 4 hotel.

I had bed sores on my butt after driving from PA to KS as a young man. So...I can imagine the toll it takes on one's body, doing long hauls with any regularity.

That's what moniter driving
time ,e mails when delivery done pick up ECT.
Keeps tabs on everything idle time fuel use what rpm shift.

Back