Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm not sure where in the states you are based but it's currently half past eleven over here.. We are probably four or five hours ahead of you so it's not that early over here.
    I fully accept your right to disagree and your right to support capital punishment. One of the advantages of a site such as this is that we can debate our various views in a civilised manner and end up respecting each other even where we disagree. It's great that you and I can now do this.
    Heaven forbid that one of my family were murdered I suspect I would want the murderer to suffer as much as possible. But would you not accept that I would be the worse possible person to make a decision because I would not be able to think clearly and dispassionately. Ultimately decisions such as this have to be made coldly and without emotion if they are to be fair.
    Awaiting the sensation of a short sharp shock
    From a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block.

Ok that's right your way ahead on time I'm in southern Indiana.
    They have death penalty in UK?
    I used deliver 2 a prison here They had basketball weightlifting baseball track to run on ECT.I'm saying they didn't have it so bad.I think some people deserve 2 die.

They have death penalty in UK?

The death penalty was suspended in 1965, I think. The decision was revisited but parliament always voted in favour of. keeping the suspension. Initially it was nominally retained for three offence being treason, arson in her majesties dockyards, and some offence involving the royal family the details of which escape me, but no one was ever executed for that. Eventually it was formally abolished and whilst there have been votes to try and bring it back the motion has always been defeated. It is now a condition of belonging to the European community that there be no capital punishment so hopefully it has gone for good.
    But when it did exist the intention was to have as brief a period as possible between sentence and execution so as to reduce the strain on the prisoner and his family.

The prisoner and his family what about the victim and their family I wonder if your crime rate would be lower if you had capital punishmentwhat about say Jihad John the guy slicing off heads 4 Isis. I think it was a American drone that sent him to Hell where he belongs what if they had caught him what do you think his punishment should have been

I should have thought that if capital punishment still existed, and as you will realise I am totally opposed to it, but if it existed then I guess the family of the victim would want the execution to proceed as swiftly as possible so they could get closure.
    I assume you are not in favour of the blood money concept where the family can allow a murderer to be reprieved provide sufficient compensation is paid. That seems like one law for the rich and one for the poor which is totally reprehensible. But if it existed then I suspect a delayed execution would allow more time for negotiations.
    But reducing the whole concept of punishment to who can pay to avoid it seems totally alien to everything I believe in. Hope it never happens here. Although I guess plea bargaining and allowing Google to set its own tax rate as recently happened could be seen as a step in the wrong direction��
    Last edited by lindier; 02-03-16 at 02:59 PM.

Yes I agree on the pay thing that's not right.I just don't agree with somebody that committed murder 2 be allowed live comfy in prison.

Forum Regular
    I oppose it for the same reason I would oppose killing people for any other mental disease or defect.

Forum Inhabitant
    Quote Originally Posted by demon007 View Post
    It depends.. Children I'd disagree. Teenagers I think are old enough to know the consequences of their actions. There have been a few cases off the top of my head where juveniles have killed people slightly before their 18th Birthdays to avoid the death penalty.. I love that Texas is the only state that would sentence a 16 year old to death. Muscle boys in Texas are the some of the most beautiful things in the world.

I like lethal injection... People don't seem to favour it much but it is in my opinion an horrific way to be killed. I take pleasure in my fanatasies thinking of some shirtless Muscular american teenage football jock forced onto a hospital table and stapped in place. being able to feel his body as he bucks against the straps trying to break them.. The veins in his perfect muscular chest bulging out as he struggles out in a panic as the needle is inserted in his arm. He can see a white room, no one but me and a clock. Ticking away, his strong young heart pumping viciously in smooth torso quicker and harder the closer to 12 that big hand gets. I would mount his gurney and rest on his beating heart until the time for him to die. Clock hits 12 and I push the button releasing only the paralying drug.. His lungs and squirming body will come to a stop but his heart continuing to thrash inside him.. remaining on top of his heart I would listen to it die as he suffocates to death
    While reading your post, I was thinking of a friend of mine from high school who is still a close friend. I had a crush on him in high school and still do. He knows about the crush and will tease me by walking around shirtless and flexing. Sadly he's straight but he is fine with my being gay.

Forum Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by lindier View Post
    I'm not sure where in the states you are based but it's currently half past eleven over here.. We are probably four or five hours ahead of you so it's not that early over here.
    I fully accept your right to disagree and your right to support capital punishment. One of the advantages of a site such as this is that we can debate our various views in a civilised manner and end up respecting each other even where we disagree. It's great that you and I can now do this.
    Heaven forbid that one of my family were murdered I suspect I would want the murderer to suffer as much as possible. But would you not accept that I would be the worse possible person to make a decision because I would not be able to think clearly and dispassionately. Ultimately decisions such as this have to be made coldly and without emotion if they are to be fair.
    Before I respond, I like Bloomington Indiana but wonder where the prison is in Southern Indiana?

There are too many opportunities for a miscarriage of justice. Rich young men can ay good lawyers to get them off. How many innocent people have died? In Canada, the PM (1958-1963) had been a defense attorney and hated the dealth penalty - most sentences were commuted. The law was not changed until a few years later in a free vote in Parliament. The member for my district voted to abolish although polls in my riding showed overwhelming support for keeping the death penalty.

I fantasize about being hanged - not the British way (too quick) but being forced to walk to the SHED where there were 13 steps up to the noose and knowing all the time it was my last walk (In Cold Blood). The gallows in Hang 'em High was not high enough but watching them try to get up those stairs with chains on their ankles is rather arousing. That is a fantasy but does not mean I am in favour of the penalty itslef.

According to Amnesty Intrnqtional there was a 50% increase in executions in 2015. Excluding China, Malasia, Vietnam and North Korea for which thre are no figures but which probably amount in total to many thousands, 1634 people were excited last year. The leading executioners were:-
    Iran 977+
    Pakistan 326
    Saudi 158
    USA 28
    Iraq 26+

I guess most of the usual suspects are thre together with Somalia, Egypt and Indonesia amongst others. Great that there is no European nation amongst this list of shame. But I wonder how my friends in the USA feel about their proud nation being fourth in the list.
    Look forward to hearing from them in due course

Hi mate.
    When I am in fantasy mode there is nothing more erotic than being executed, being hung or kneeling at the block, a sexy hangman or headsman, being naked, and indulging in a final fuck or suck. Very erotic and guaranteed to cause an explosion of cum.
    But like you I agree that there is a major difference between fantasy and reality. No one should ever face judicial execution, not only because there can never be 100% guarantee of guilt but also because it is morally reprehensible for the state to take a life in cold blood. And the probability of spending twenty years or more in prison, and in some cases the rest of your life, must be a horrible option and a great deterrent. And of course many homicides are not premeditated but are as the result of unfortunate circumstances getting out of control..
    I supported abolition as a very young student in the sixties and have retained that view ever since. I guess many of us on site are equal abolitionists although inequally accept that many of our co members hold the opposite view. Somehow I guess this debate will run for ever but isn't it good that we can argue our side in good humour and without rancour.

I am a U.S. citizen, and I have absolutely no problem with capital punishment, and more of it too. I realize that is becoming an unpopular stance in the world, but, since I'm not in control of U.S. policy anyway, my preferences are irrelevant. It's not like I'm going to renounce my citizenship if the U.S. decides to abolish the death penalty. What will be will be.
    "That would not be a bad fate, to burn up like the booster engine that falls away from the throttling rocket, lighting a little dark as I go."
    Christian Wiman, My Bright Abyss

The fact that your stance is unpopular, or gradually getting so, is not a reason by itself to abandon it. As you appreciate I am an abolitionist and therefor am pleased at the change in public attitude. Over here there is now a majority against capital punishment but it has taken many years for us to get there. And abolition in the late sixties was a decision taken by Parliament against the majority opinion.
    But what I like about this site is that whatever our opinions we can debate issues such as this and debate with respect for our opponents and their views. Long may this continue.

Thread Information